[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do benzos affect brain long term at all. Say you are perfectly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: benzodiazepines.jpg (51KB, 640x407px) Image search: [Google]
benzodiazepines.jpg
51KB, 640x407px
Do benzos affect brain long term at all. Say you are perfectly healthy and take it sparingly. The only studies I see are on withdrawals after gaining a massive tolerance to them being a problem. Any insight ?
>>
>>9116553
DUDE DRUGS LMAO
>>
Benzos are prescribed in cases where the therapeutic effects outweigh the side effects. They have to choose the "lesser evil" so to speak.

If you have no related illness then it will have no therapeutic effect and other beneficial effects are debatable at best, it is like shooting up with insulin if you don't have diabetes. If you have anxiety or difficulty concentrating then you should speak to someone who has been to med school first. Yeah.
>>
>>9116553
It might impair your memory in the long run. Google it.
>>
>>9116606
It definitely does this. Believe me.
>>
>>9116606
opiates sill in first place
>No brain damage
>Highest addiction liability
>Feels the best
>>
>>9116606
yes I saw this but I didn't find anything significant like I said its just a bunch of studies and articles about abusing mega doses and withdrawal which I know about.

>>9117082
how about not being able to have a bowel movement?
>>
>>9117088
Only a problem if you arent aware of it, which you will be after you dont shit for a week.

Also any person can decompact themselves, lol.
>>
>>9116553
Nah, you'll be fine. It has the same effect in the brain as alcohol so if you're going to make the claim that benzodiazepines affect long term memory (when used sparingly), then you'd be saying that casually drinking alcohol does as well. It's a GABA drug. It's very well understood

The main reason to avoid them is because they are both physically and
Psychologically addicting. They substitute as a coping mechanism and rewire your brain in the long term like with any addiction
>>
>>9116553

Not occasionally

Longterm chronic use can shrink your brain, just like booze.
>>
>>9116553
benzos seem really scary from what I've read, apparently easy to get hooked and horrible withdrawals.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.