[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Brainlet here. I have always been a failure academically, I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: 1503053879273[1].jpg (79KB, 874x684px) Image search: [Google]
1503053879273[1].jpg
79KB, 874x684px
Brainlet here.

I have always been a failure academically, I'm 24 years old and far away to actually graduate from College.

I have tried every "technique" of study and not a single of them seems to work on me.
My reading speed is slow, I have short attention span, my "working memory" is shit.
I also take time solving as many problems as I can, and when I do my exams, I simply can't remember how to solve some of the problems, or can't answer them in time.
My classmates usually have superior performance to mine despite some of them studying way less. They are "faster", too.
Even if there's genetics and IQ involved, is there any kind of "mindhacks" exploits, or even medication I could use, to at least have my capabilities closer to the one those people have?
I'm already using the Ritalin meme and this shit has no effect on me.
>>
LSD is probably worth a try
>>
>>9115588
Are you healthy?
Sports, a diet poor in sugars, a tight sleep schedule, ... these factors help long term.
You should stop taking Ritalin at the moment.
You should also realize that you can increase attention span and working memory.
Then, being depressed and anxious doesn't help so be more happy.

Play Dual n-back.
http://brainworkshop.sourceforge.net/
It helps you increase attention span and working memory.
It will be a working memory related to the game and not *mathematical working memory* but surely there will be some transfer it you follow some simple instructions.
Focus on the game and not on your mental chatter.
Play it for 15 minutes every day.
>>
>>9115588
Get a job and quit trying to be a special snowflake
>>
The benefits of dual n-back are similar to the benefits of concentration meditation.
Culadasa in The Mind Illuminated describes a meditation technique in which you focus on the breath and at the same time you remain mindful of every other stimulus around you.
Breath in this case is the object of meditation.
The object can be the dual n-back game which offers an immediate feedback of your level of attention.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kasina
https://www.gwern.net/DNB%20FAQ#iq-tests
Remember that this is a long term path and if you follow the instructions correctly you can only improve.
>>
>>9115633

Helpful reply, thank you.
Been sedentary for a while, I was in a /fit/ period last year but then I couldn't manage my time along studies/internship.
I don't feel "depressed", I'm just "bored"/tired.

>>9115634
I got fired sometime ago (for "being inefficient"), now I have been doing scholarship.

>>9115647

Also helpful, thank you.
>>
>>9115588
take your phone out and record the lecture. write down what he says.
or pay for a tutor, there are cheap ones on craigslist
>>
File: 1500434194382.jpg (32KB, 400x382px) Image search: [Google]
1500434194382.jpg
32KB, 400x382px
just be yourself goy
>>
Have you tried actually opening a book and getting to work
>>
>>9115767

Using a phone is an additional distraction in my condition, even if it is "for the right reasons".
Paying a tutor is a good idea, it did it once for Calculus and worked well, the problem is that aren't many in the area I live, even less the ones knowledgeable about most of my courses.

>>9115789

Yes. Many times. Most of them it didn't work, as I like to see step by step "solved problems" and many books don't have those.

I'm graduating Computer Science, by the way.
>>
>>9115588
I'm sorry, IQ is genetic. Just find a way to live a good life with the cards you've been dealt.
>>
>>9115807
I'm not looking to increase my IQ or becoming a genius overnight, just to improve my performance, like, if some "genius" could get a high score without studying, I'm looking for a way to achieve the same with A LOT of study (classic talent vs hard work analogy). The problem is that my performance is poor even if I put effort into it.
>>
Maybe whatever you're studying isn't the right field for you.
>>
>>9115588

Hop in mate, we're in a similar boat. >>9114715
>>
>>9115823
Too late in the game to give up. I like the field, I'm just "too slow" for everything, and if I had to give up on something like this, I might as well give up my entire life as well, because I would be running away from an unavoidable problem that is beyond failing exams.
I actually even failed my driver's license several times before.
I might even have a neurological problem I don't know about, lol.
>>
File: 1489383444645.png (451KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1489383444645.png
451KB, 720x720px
>>9115588
>I simply can't remember how to solve some of the problems
Here's your problem. Memorization is not understanding. Study for UNDERSTANDING. Approach one topic at a time and do not move on from it until you understand everything about it. Start at the very bottom, if you have to. If you do this and actually apply yourself, this way is foolproof. Also, "there's no king's path to Geometry." There is is no easy way, it will take effort.
>>
File: 1478147123391.jpg (54KB, 576x960px) Image search: [Google]
1478147123391.jpg
54KB, 576x960px
Ok you dumb cuck here are some things that can help:

>cold showers
>running 1 hour non stop in the mornings
>ginseng/rhodiola/ashwagandha
>olive oil/coconut oil/fish oil
>social interaction

Attention span and working memory are like muscles and you need to work hard to sharp them. Any of the things above increase your brain plasticity and neurogenesis making you progress faster but not easier.
>>
>>9115924
I usually hear this very same thing IRL.
I have an easier time trying to figure out patterns and repeating them, rather to make out the logic out of something on the expected time.

This approach really works, and I absolutely would use is at all times if I wasn't a Slowpoke. I'm trying to reach out the College directors to see if I can skip classes and use that time to learn by myself instead. I really can't make out anything out of classes.

>>9115933

You're right, there is really no magic when it comes to it.
I just want to even stand a chance for once.
Good advice, by the way
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.