[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Advertisement | Home]

How bad can disorders like ocd and anxiety harm your intellectual

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 1426726392488.jpg (97KB, 640x640px)
1426726392488.jpg
97KB, 640x640px
How bad can disorders like ocd and anxiety harm your intellectual development??

Are there any studies on this sort of thing?
>>
>>9115560
>OCD
Depends on the severity. Mild OCD can actually help
>>
Have u searched for the studies... or did u really immediately ask 4chan instead of google scholar.
>>
>>9115560
anecdotal evidence but I have pretty bad OCD and dropped out of both math and med school as a result. also in periods where I'm stressed out, I get retarded. can't focus on anything, brain fog etc. It's pretty shit
>>
>>9115631
I read some articles that pointed out how kids start doing bad at school when they develop ocd but i'm interested in studies that cover this in greater depth.
I had exceptional grades before developing ocd and i know it's related because the ocd really made it harder for me to study and focus.
>>
>>9115637
I definitely can relate to this.
Did you notice things becoming harder to learn over time?
>>
>>9115659
I meant in general, not just when you are having a crisis.
>>
>>9115651
You have brain bugs.
You should purify your body and your soul with habitual dry fasts.
>>
File: whythough.jpg (40KB, 375x432px) Image search: [Google]
whythough.jpg
40KB, 375x432px
>>9115560
>have a very close female friend with borderline personality disorder
>she has to take mood stabilizers daily and see a therapist regularly
>would love to date her if she wasn't batshit crazy
>dreams of going to med school and being a surgeon one day
>I don't think she'll ever make it but won't tell her because it's her dream

If I was a patient and knew my surgeon had to take pills everyday just to act normal I wouldn't want them anywhere near me if I needed an operation. But I don't have the heart to tell her she's too fucked up to ever be a doctor.
>>
>>9115631
to be fair, 4chan /sci is way smarter than google scholar
>>
>>9115560
>How bad can disorders like ocd and anxiety harm your intellectual development??

I dropped out of college due to anxiety and have been NEET ever since. I am now 30.

I'm of good/average intelligence but will probably end up serving burgers for the rest of my life.
>>
I was like fifteen minutes late to every morning class my senior year because I'd spend like ten to twenty minutes checking that my front door was locked. OCD fucking sucks.
>>
>>9115783
What were you doing when you were checking it? A normal person would try to open it.
>>
>>9115780
Amen anon, amen. Theres only one way out.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.