[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In the flop, having in your hands 72 and on the table 89J, which

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: images.jpg (8KB, 268x188px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
8KB, 268x188px
In the flop, having in your hands 72 and on the table 89J, which is the probability to have a straight in the river?show how to calculate it
>>
How many people are you playing against?
>>
>>9115532
it doesnt matter. You dont know other peoples cards.
>>
>>9115524
There are only two ways to get a straight.

Either you need exactly 5 6 on the turn and river or a 10 on either the turn or the river.

5 6 (Using AND probability):
% = 8/47 * 4/46 * 100% = 1.48%

10 (Using OR probability):
% = [1 - (43/47 * 43/46)] * 100% = 16.30%
>>
>>9115545
Oh shit, I mean on the table 8 9 10.
Sorry my mistake
>>
>>9115524
Even a 72 suited is fucking terrible. Don't play it.
>>
File: 1501156679196.png (274KB, 899x528px) Image search: [Google]
1501156679196.png
274KB, 899x528px
sallllllllt poker L M F A O
>>
>>9115524
>Going to the flop with a 72

You already did a mistake anyway
>>
>>9115524
http://www.propokertools.com/

>>9115550
>show how to calculate it
At the table, on the fly, here is the easy way to "rough" estimate your chance to hit.
Count how many "outs" (cards you want to hit) you have.
(# of outs) * 2 = odd of hitting on next card
(# of outs) * 4 = odd of hitting on turn or river all in
Here you have 8 outs (four sixes, four jacks). This gives you 16% and 32% as estimates. Now, let's calculate the real values.

8 cards hit the straight for you, the sixes and jacks.
There are 47 cards unseen in the deck on the flop.
So your odds to hit on the turn are 39:8 (or 8/47 hit rate). Suppose you miss on the turn. Then your odds to hit the river are 38:8 (or 8/46).
So you hit [1- (39/47) * (38/46)] = 0.3145 (31.45%)

If you have advance knowledge of your opponent's range it can alter your odds of hitting a bit. For example on 89T your opponent is more likely to stack off with hands holding a jack (since his holding it means he always has outs to win or chop, and also reduces the likelihood that you have the nuts).

Also your odds of winning are not the same as odds of hitting the straight.
Opponent may have a Queen (so a Jack will give him the nuts and make you lose), may have the nuts already (you're 0% to win), or may hold a set (you're still ~20% to lose even if you hit the straight)

So practically speaking, your odds of winning the pot are far less than your 31% "odds" of hitting the straight suggest. You should not play for stacks all in at this point... if they let you see turn/river cheap, fine, but otherwise you have to fold
>>
>two card poker

lol get fucked, I play the great game of POT LIMIT OMAHA
>>
>>9115953
>playing hyper-variance wars against other regs to get a slightly larger edge against fish
if you knew how to play holdem well, you'd just have a big edge against everyone
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.