[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>solve a math or physics problem >almost always get the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 1349588774916.gif (492KB, 460x345px) Image search: [Google]
1349588774916.gif
492KB, 460x345px
>solve a math or physics problem
>almost always get the general idea correct
>mistake small details, like copying a value wrong or forgetting a sign, in the end getting the wrong answer
Does anyone know this feel?
Is there hope for me or am I a brainlet that should give up?
>>
Everyone knows this feel. It's common. The fact that you get a good grasp on the general ideas fast is more important.
>>
SMART BUT LAZY XD
>>
>>9115515

you need to train more, that's classic mistake that people who are starting make. I remember that when I was starting with math I would make those kinds of mistake every fucking time, but after a lot of pratice it's now very rare.

You're not a brainlet anon, just study more and problem solved.

>t. guy who never forgot +c
>>
We're in the same boat anon. Reading Rudin rn, and this happens a majority of the time.
>I just need to construct a partition and prove lower and upper integral are equivalent
>set c \in (0,\epsilon)
>solution:
>set c \in (0,\epsilon/M)
>FUCK
>>
>>9115515
getting a sign wrong can be an accident but it also can be a conceptual mistake
>>
>>9115515
Einstein lost 2 years to a sign error. This while researching General Relativity.

> 2 years

No it happens to everyone
>>
>>9115520
>>9115542
>>9115544
>>9115558
Thank (you) a lot
>>
>>9115549
yes, but happily in my case it is at least mostly accident
thank (you)
>>
Yes this happens to me. It gets better with practice.

I noticed a very similar phenomenon happens to me in chess. I get a positional advantage, and then try to do a deep calculation on my next move, only to get tunnel visioned on that deep calculation and miss an obvious counter move by my opponent.

I think the cure is just to go slow. From a young age we are taught to do mathematics quickly. The kid who can do multiplications in his head the fastest is deemed the smartest in the class. But in reality math is a inherently a slow endeavor, so just embrace the slowness.
>>
>>9115576
thank (you) for the advice
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.