[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /sci/ think of pharmaceutics? I consider studying

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 827804.jpg (194KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
827804.jpg
194KB, 800x600px
What does /sci/ think of pharmaceutics?
I consider studying it. Is it any good?
>>
Finished pharmacy. Too many historical blabering about drugs used like 20 years ago. Not so many mechanisms of action explained fully. Still I think it's worth it because I can easier see through all the scam medicines and can cure myself and my family better.

Ask me Anything
>>
>>9112951
Are memory pills obvious scams? so are anti-depressants that damage you for life?
>>
>>9112979
Sometimes being damaged for life is better than succumbing to untreated mental problems. Some psychiatrists I've spoken to are pretty realistic about that.
>>
>>9112983
>Some psychiatrists I've spoken to [...]
Why do you care about the opinion of lesser human beings?
>>
>>9112992
Because I was legally forced to.
>>
saturated beyond saturated
might aswell go to med school if ur gonna be that much in debt and only making 100k starting.
>>
>>9113011
Well we don't have to pay student loans where i live so thats not really a problem
>>
>>9113015
What kind of job are you getting after you graduate. Dispensing seems boring af. Are you open to pursuing pharmacology, orgo chem research or getting a job in industry. Asking because i'm a pharmacy student myself
>>
>>9113255
i don't really know, since i haven't even started studying yet.
What do you want to do?
>>
>>9112983
jesus that's cynical. What happened to do no harm?
>>
>>9113255
Which country?
>>
>>9114535
United Kingdom
>>
>>9112979
Memory pills are no scam. But everything needs to be dosed correctly and when you overdose or take something too long you always have to pay the consequences.

Ant-depressants should be always second to psychotherapy. They are not so bad as people may think because they can save you from hard mental problems and 0/10 life quality.

Still I am treating myself with herbal and natural medicine first. Every time. If it's not working than it's time for something more. If You want to have a good health then You shouldn't look for a miracle medicine that will keep You healthy. When I start to get ill I drink herbal infusions 3 times a day.
>>
>>9113255
The future is in the clinical pharmacology, especially in the pharmacokinetics.

The other branch that is going to expand quickly is phamacogenomics - studying human genome to learn interaction of drugs with genetics.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.