[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are some animals smarter than others? Why are some animals

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

Why are some animals smarter than others? Why are some animals with smaller brains smarter than those with bigger brains?
>>
>>9112081
Stop with the racism kid
>>
>>9112083
Not being racist. I used the pic of the chimp cause it is related to animal science
>>
>>9112088
>calling a black man a chimp
That's pretty fucking racist anon.
>>
what we define as smartness is the ability to think rational thoughts. The part of our brain that can produce these thoughts are probably very small compared to the part of our brain that decodes light from your eyes into a perceived "virtual space" in your brain.

elephants have much larger brains than ours, but they can't think rational because evolution never required them to do so. They have an amazing spacial sense though, a leader elephant mother will never forget the location of a water hole even when travelling hundreds or thousands of kilometers away, it will always be able to find its way back. Evolution shaped the elephants to increase their spacial memory and sense, giving them an advantage over elephants with worse memory.

Chimps have amazing awareness of space, they are able to visualize space much faster and have much more reliable short term memory than humans. Probably so that they can swing around in trees, which requires a great perception of distance and length, and fast reactions when branches fail you.
>>
>>9112081
Neuron density matters
Not just brain size
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.