[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why can't learning appeal to me? I am willing, i like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0994.jpg (22KB, 380x254px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0994.jpg
22KB, 380x254px
Why can't learning appeal to me?

I am willing, i like the concept of learning new things,
i don't think i am particularly unintelligent.
Always tell myself education is the key to all kinds of things.
When i am on drugs, uppers, the nr. 1 advice for myself is always learn and educate.

But i never commit. I can-not get into it.
I have to force myself to it every time and it isn't anything i can do more than 2 consecutive days, maybe. It's even fun once past 10 minutes sometimes.
But never, never do the 1st 10 min. Do anythi but stonewall the fuck out of me. I just never get to it

Am i like inadequate? Is it a natiral selection kind of thing maybe..
>>
>>9111646
Stop being a hedonist and pursue struggle.

also

>Dude weed lmao!
>>
>>9111646
Stop doing drugs and get a grip on life,you dont need to enjoy or love it to do it.
>>
>>9111652
How can one possibly not be a hedonist? What is the point in life w/o wanting pleasure...

>>9111653
Drugs, yea i know.. but im not addicted.
>>
>>9111665
Because most people realize not everything is about pursuing pleasure. Sometimes you have to do things in life that you don't want to do.
>>
File: IMG_1001.png (3MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1001.png
3MB, 2048x1536px
Are yall saying that every mathsgenius ever has endured hours and days of reluctantly suffering trough it only to progress..
That's just not exactly believable to me.
>>
>>9111665
>How can one possibly not be a hedonist?
Change your mindset right here and you have the possibility to engage in an intellectual pursuit.
>>
>>9112309
It's not suffering if you actually like learning.
>>
>>9112313
True that, but say from every 100% of the time you learn, there is a usual small percentage say 1% - 10% that isn't rewarding, yet necessary.
>>
>>9112320
And given the overall, that's where i conclude the total sum of "hours" and "days" of reluctantly pressing trough
>>
You have to rewire your entire brain by somehow associating studying with pleasure and reward, drop off the pleasure slowly over time until you do the studying and don't need to be rewarded in the former way any longer since it will be rewarding in and of itself. You figure out how that works for you
>>
>>9111646
Idk man, I can't force myself to learn things I'm not interested in. I can read encyclopedias, research and philosophy that interests me literally all day however. It's fun.
>>
>>9111652
Not even a true hedonist. He doesn't avoid pain, he only seeks pleasure. He's a pop-hedonist who doesn't understand the philosophy
>>
We all need to step back and consider what hedonism represents fully. If you are constantly seeking pleasure, but somehow are unfifilled, you haven't found it.

For some, pursuing knowledge gives pleasure, and is therefore the most hedonistic activity for that individual. Taking care of people or goals you find valuable and overcoming obstacles usually results in great pleasure and self worth.
>>
>>9112464
Drop off the pleasure.. because you can't intertwine? Jump from pleasure to focus and back

>>9112528
Fuck, it's not a conscious pursuit.. as if it's bennefitial to be hedonistic, it just is a definition that fits a lifestyle. I never even heard of it.
>>
If something is boring after two minutes, try it for four. If still boring, then eight. Then sixteen. Then thirty-two. Eventually one discovers that it is not boring at all.
>>
>>9113047
Apologies if I came off EDGY AS FUCK^tm. If I may make a suggestion: don't ever do things without conscious intent. Act logically in all things and you'll find your problems tend to disappear, since it's difficult to justify self destructive behavior in any kind of logical way.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.