[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how are men and women different in the brain beyond environmental

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 6

File: cursed image.jpg (538KB, 1089x1920px) Image search: [Google]
cursed image.jpg
538KB, 1089x1920px
how are men and women different in the brain beyond environmental factors and our socially contrived definition of intelligence?
>>
>>9111246
Male growth and development =/= female growth and development. Yes males are on average smarter according to our definition of intelligence.
>>
>>9111246
Hi /d/
How are things going?
>>
our pattern of thought is very different, girls and boys interact with their friends very differently and favor different activities from a young age
society does not impose personality traits on gender, gender itself is what does it, sorry if I 'triggered' anyone
>>
>>9111252
>>9111309
*tips fedora* what's the bet that the two of you are pathetic male virgins.
t. female phd physics student
>>
>>9111392
facts can be a real bitch
>>
>>9111246
Do Americans really think that women like pic related are somehow normal or of average weight?
>>
Men have more brain mass and women more surface
>>
>>9111415
Why would anyone think anything in a cartoon is, "normal"?
>>
File: 1502517855907.gif (4MB, 440x249px) Image search: [Google]
1502517855907.gif
4MB, 440x249px
>>9111246
http://bravetheworld.com/2016/08/09/50-real-differences-men-women/
>>
>>9111309
while genetics might play a part

>"Many Y-linked genes have been implicated in the development of the testes, and therefore could theoretically contribute to sexual differentiation of the brain indirectly, through influencing gonadal hormone production."
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20396406

To me, it would seem common sense that there are many social factors that shape new consciousness and the gender they originally identify as.

>"In a society which is rife with gender stereotypes and biases, children regularly learn to adopt gender roles which are not always fair to both sexes. As children move through childhood and into adolescence, they are exposed to many factors which influence their attitudes and behaviors regarding gender roles. These attitudes and behaviors are generally learned first in the home and are then reinforced by the child's peers, school experience, and television viewing. However, the strongest influence on gender role development seems to occur within the family setting, with parents passing on, both overtly and covertly, to their children their own beliefs about gender. "

"A child's earliest exposure to what it means to be male or female comes from parents (Lauer & Lauer, 1994; Santrock, 1994; Kaplan, 1991)."
http://gozips.uakron.edu/~susan8/parinf.htm
>>
File: t3_636q06.jpg (121KB, 520x588px) Image search: [Google]
t3_636q06.jpg
121KB, 520x588px
>>9111392
>argument is based on gynocentrism and virgin shaming as opposed to addressing the point
>thinks that she as the exception means the statistical rule is wrong
>will most likely reply to this post with a "I'm not arguing just stating the truth" or some similar unimpressive defensive sentiment

Textbook female behavior.
>>
>>9111392
Must be those affirmative action programs.
>>
>>9111246
Do estrogen and testosterone play a role in cognition?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Estrogen#Brain_and_behavior

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Testosterone#Brain
>>
>>9111392
A normal person would just say "t. phd physics student" so the fact that you added female really makes me think.

t. MALE phd math students with a penis. Did I mention my gender? I have a penis. Yes I do. I HAVE A PENIS. I MUST MENTION I HAVE A PENIS. PENIS PENIS PENIS IN MY CROTCH BECAUSE I AM A MAN.
>>
File: 1502508435636.jpg (40KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1502508435636.jpg
40KB, 600x600px
>>9111246
those thighs though >T H I CCCCCC
>>
>>9111392
>t. female phd physics student
Nerdy girl almost 30 only surrounded by pathetic male virgins.

Yes pretty girl of high school marry handsome sucessful muh PhD STEM.
>>
>>9111246
There are some psychological differences(and I would say that they stem from the influences in physical differences, like less muscle mass or the ability to give birth) but nothing really crippling, they can adapt and train like anyone else.
>>
>>9111246
Quantities of grey matter. Women have significantly more white matter, connective brain tissue, but significantly less grey matter, thinking tissue. Makes them better communicators, more emotionally aware, but they generally struggle with spatial and abstract reasoning. Evolutionarily this helped them nurture and defend their children, which is their role in this species.
>>
>>9111392
>t. female phd physics student
Sure? A PhD student would know how to spell PhD.
>>
>>9111246
Men and women also have different hormones guiding how they bond with the opposite sex. Oxytocin for women Vasopressin for men.
>>
>>9111246
I have no idea anon maybe its the fact one gender does ALL the work while the other is essentially is a reproduction slave might be the case.

Women are subhuman mentally compared to men, their brains are more similar to chimps than human men but they have diminished violent instincts making people think women are civilized when really they arent they are wild animals.
>>
>>9111410
>>9111492
>>9111812
>>9111874
>>9112186
>>9112714
To all the people criticizing her, I wonder how your scientific qualifications size up to hers.
>>
>>9112778
>thinks that an exception means the statistical rule is wrong
Literally the dumbest way to argue something.
>>
>>9111392
>Your PhD in physics
>meaning anything in a discussion mostly about biology and psychology
The female STEMlord in action
>>
>>9112788
>>9112793
>two virgin male dropouts with literally no qualification in science
Woah... I guess i should take your opinion seriously. Women are inferior to men after all
>>
>>9112778
>argument to authority
Yeah no, you're retarded.
>>
>>9112801
There are many respectable females in science. You are obviously not one of them.
>>
>>9112778
Insults just could be answered with insults.

She don't makes any argument,cite or reference.
>>
>>9111275
>>9111392
>>9111415
>>9111464
>>9111492
>>9111812
>>9111874
>>9112142
>>9112186
>>9112714
>>9112778
>>9112788
>>9112793
>>9112801
>>9112809
>>9112820
None of you answered OP's question at all.
Quit bickering like the children that you expose yourselves to be.
>>
>>9112834
ayy lmao
same goes for you too, bucko.
fuckin reckt
>>
Brains tend to be structured on two distinct parts the former being a hormonal factor while the latter is a usage factor the former as hormones effect the brain in the perception of stimulants like dopamine creating a high and causing things to be perceived in a better light this can correspond to a mans feeling of aggression and corresponding feeling of testosterone and like hormones whereas a women may experience depression of like stimuluses based on hormonal factors like estrogen this can be coupled with the usage of brain function to develop brains oriented towards specific stimulants like feeling anger and reacting towards it as such this can lead to men being orientated toward things perceived as intelligent as they are being shown those environmental factors and growing accustomed to it over all devoid of hormones and external stimuli I believe people would fall within a proper standard distribution with there being the genetic factor but it's been years since I took a course in psychology
>>
i dont remember reading anything great a women has created. besides bitching.
>>
>>9112834
quit samefagging, and also quit appealing to authority
>>
>>9113609
Mother god. Paragraphs, man.

>>9112834
But that is the point of this site.
>>
File: consider.png (94KB, 256x250px) Image search: [Google]
consider.png
94KB, 256x250px
>>9111246
The male brain and the female brain are physically shaped differently, you idiot. To the point that a doctor can identify a person's physical sex with nothing but the brain.

The same way a doctor can identify a person's physical sex by nothing but the hip/pelvic bones. And even so far as whether or not a woman has given birth before.
>>
Blacks b da only race n gender, PERIOD bitches!!

face book , c ō m / jimmylkennedy
San Jose, CA
>>
>>9111246
Supposedly there is a difference in Corpus Callosum but lately this has become extremely controversial.
>>
>>9111246
Sauce
>>
>>9111246

Put women to a draw a bicycle.

> All proportions fucked up and a person riding the bike.

Put men to draw a bike.

> A fucking bike with the chain and all.

>Good luck in engineering ladies.
>>
>>9114829
many people don't know how a bike works, regardless of gender, and being able to draw is a learned skill, not an innate one

On the other hand, you can work by averages, the average artist does not know how to draw a fucking bike, even less know how to draw a bike without references and a very, VERY small amount of people can draw a proper bike, chain and all, free-handing it
>>
>>9111246
Men are more likely to engage in rough play during the young years. This is correlated to pre-natal testosterone levels. Also part of the reason why girls wantto dress up dolls. It's not just a social construct that guys plays with action figures and girls play with dolls, it's a combination of environmental and biological factors
>>
>>9111392
This is a false flag but it's pretty spot-on regarding actual feminists' "arguments".
>>
damn /sci/ not a single example that isn't pseudo science, or a logical fallacy, or with any proof whatsoever
>>
>>9115352
What are you actually looking for?
>>
>>9111246
Depends which paper you read, there are about as many saying theres some huge difference as there are saying theres basically no difference at all. Really there's so much variability between individuals that it's hard to parse which differences are sex linked. That and the fact that we don't really understand the implications of different connectivity patterns on behaviour very well makes this a really hard question to answer
>>
>>9111246
Ive seen some documentary in which theyve shown that male monkeys prefer toys made for boys like trucks and what not whole female monkeys prefer dolls.
Now theyve not been socially conditioned by human society to act like that.
Infer from that what you will.
>>
>>9117392
bullshit, no way is that real, a monkey wouldn't even know what a truck is
>>
>>9111246
Guys' brains have a secret off switch. It is located about midway between a woman's nipples and is called cleavage.

I don't care if you have a Nobel laureate discussing his field. Show him a sufficient quantity of cleavage, and his brain will vapor lock.
>>
>>9117424
Still theyve shown it on screen, the male monkeys interacting with boyish toys and mostly avoiding the dolls like they were the plague and the opposite for female monkeys.
>>
File: buster_lies.jpg (52KB, 475x356px) Image search: [Google]
buster_lies.jpg
52KB, 475x356px
>>9111392
This isn't Reddit, you LARPing faggot
>>
>>9117392
Seen it aswell. Most probably bullshit to get you hooked so you watch the rest of the doc. Never take shit that type of documentaries show as facts, they tend to fail so much at being truly objective about a subject because they really want more people watching them so they make more money.
>>
>>9111392

Note how he said on average. there are MORE smart men and MORE stupid men then there are smart and stupid women. but there are more averagely intelligent women than averagely intelligent men. that's just a fact and proven empirically and statistically. that doesn't mean women can't be intelligent. but, theres a reason why there are more brilliant men than women
>>
>>9111392
What's the best way to trigger the living shit out of internet misogynists?

Act just like them but claim to be a woman.

Good bait, anon.
>>
>>9117430
>a symbolic representation of a child
>female mammals like to take care of it

what could this possibly mean?
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.