[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I would like to learn more about astronomy because I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 2
Thread images: 1

File: 1502097665807.jpg (100KB, 998x810px) Image search: [Google]
1502097665807.jpg
100KB, 998x810px
I would like to learn more about astronomy because I've been nightwalking for almost a year now, becoming familiar with the night sky between all hours of the night. I think my appreciation will become greater if I had a deeper understanding and knowledge of what I am looking at.

Unfortunately, I am unable to take time to take any astronomy classes because they would divert my attention away from my major. What would be a good way to ask a professor at my college to allow me to sit in on their lectures? I-I just want to learn about space.
>>
What you can see will almost all be local stars, you don't need to know much astronomy to understand them. You might see the moon too but if you understand what rocks are you understand the moon already.
Astronomy lectures would be cosmology and technical stellar/galactic evolution material, not learning the names of the constellations or anything much relevant to stargazing.
If it's a large class just go in and sit down, no one will notice or care that you're there. If it's small say "Hi I'm not enrolled but would like to sit in", they'll probably be fine with it as long as you don't make a nuisance of yourself.
Thread posts: 2
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.