[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/tg/fag with absolutely no scientific background here. Assuming

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 36AIS_job2.png (900KB, 920x1014px) Image search: [Google]
36AIS_job2.png
900KB, 920x1014px
/tg/fag with absolutely no scientific background here.

Assuming aliens are real, would convergent evolution with humans make sense or is that something that's already been debunked?
>>
In evolutionary biology, convergent evolution is the process whereby organisms not closely related (not monophyletic), independently evolve similar traits as a result of having to adapt to similar environments or ecological niches.

Maybe! Depending on something very specific i cant quite put my finger on.
>>
It might happen but the odds are astronomically low that the aliens would look human enough for you to consider them human.

The best you could hope for would be a bipedal lifeform with bilateral symmetry and a digestive tract separate from the sexual organs. They're not going to be blue women with big heaving titties.
>>
This thread pops up here fairly regularly and I've posted at length on why humanoid is the only likely arrangement for technologically savvy intelligent lifeforms. And each time I genuinely and humbly ask to be proved wrong, but nobody can, because developmental biology and physiology reasons. I would love the possibility of there being something wild out there, but it doesn't seem to be so.

The best possibility I could come up with would be reptilian humanoid, like a Cardassian.
>>
>>9109637
i want to hear your speech. I guarantee nobody can prove you wrong because you cant prove yourself right.
>>
>>9109427
>convergent evolution with humans
Convergent evolution makes sense, but only makes sense 'with humans' if the aliens's environment is like humans'. If the aliens live on an ocean planet they're going to convergently evolve with fish.
And there can be more than one successful type of organism per environment (shark, octopus, crab) so evolution would probably converge on one of a small number of core organism types.
>>
>>9109644
Nah. I should have saved it, I'm not writing it again, it's late here. The main point is, I don't have to prove it, because we are the proof. If you want to suggest a being with six legs, tentacles, and testicles on its earlobes or whatever, then you have to show how any of these variations would have been selected for against the alternative which is part of our evolutionary tree. Try it, I'm open to be proved wrong.
>>
>>9109704
>I don't have to prove it, because we are the proof.
are you also the free will guy who says free will proves free will?

I wont try it, its obvious so i think you are a troll and im not in the mood i guess.
>>
>>9109637
lol

the reason people can't prove you wrong is because your position is unprovable
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.