[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you imagine sounds without hearing them? Like, sau, if

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: 1463959979213.jpg (22KB, 382x395px) Image search: [Google]
1463959979213.jpg
22KB, 382x395px
How do you imagine sounds without hearing them? Like, sau, if you have a song stuck in your head.
>>
>>9107809
You brain makes you behave and report information (e.g. you narrate "I've got that song stuck in my head again" and form memories about you narrating that so that memories / thoughts crop up around the pseudo-hearing event) to yourself in a similar way to how it would if you were in the presence of actual sound. The mystery of "qualia" goes away if you just stick to the actual behavioral stuff surrounding what you're led to believe are these "experience" things you're encountering.The "experience" idea is just a placeholder abstraction your brain has you behave in terms of as a simplified version of the actual messy physiological shit that goes down, analogous to how you might build simplified user interfaces to keep users from messing around with the important mechanics that makes their tool work under the hood. The "experiences" seem so immediate / irreducible / undeniably real exactly because they aren't real at all and you're just being fed a story *about* them being that way. It's like if instead of using a valid fingerprint to get past a fingerprint lock you just figured out how to communicate a false message to the lock that a valid fingerprint was detected. The lock behaves as though the right finger was placed down but all it had in reality was a message saying "the right finger was placed down."
>>
>>9107809
same way your internal monologue works.
>>
>>9107809
I see a scene like in a theater and somehow at the same time weird, spikey, differently colored wavelike "things". Has been like that as long as I remember.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.