[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are the chances that a molecule that doesn't naturally

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: 1453621840438.jpg (42KB, 1030x514px) Image search: [Google]
1453621840438.jpg
42KB, 1030x514px
What are the chances that a molecule that doesn't naturally occur in our bodies or anywhere else in nature just happens to be a perfect agonist to specific receptors to trigger a chain of events in your brain that unlock god mode?
>>
>>9107665
WTF does this post even mean? I should really stay on reddit, this place is such trash
>>
>>9107665
>god mode
What is that, meth?
>>
File: 23589762309.png (187KB, 267x365px) Image search: [Google]
23589762309.png
187KB, 267x365px
100%
>>
Well it either happens or it doesn't, so
[math]Pr(GodMode) = \frac{1}{2}[/math]
>>
>>9107665
bad thread
>>
>>9107675
Check this out: Nowadays we create drugs by studying the conformation and property of receptors and how molecules would bind to them. This was synthesized in the 19th century. I admit it looks pretty simple, but here's the thing: It doesn't look like any neurotransmitter I've ever seen, the closest you get is dopamine, but this thing here is non-polar and it doesn't bind to dopamine receptors. So, what are the chances that your body has developed receptors that happen to bind this shit in specific parts of your brain that produce such a consistent reaction? It's not really a question, I just find it fascinating.

>>9107679
Close, it's amphetamine.
>>
>>9107693
Actually I just found one
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tyramine

You can probably cook meth with this, fuck.
>>
Stimulants are a mistake
>>
>>9107665
Are you retarded, amphs are closely related to dopamine
>>
Warning: This post might not be worth reading:

Probably 100% that it cannot exist., but we don't know enough to say anything.

I think 100% not only because it has not been found, or because "god mode" is not communicable between everybody.

First,I think the idea of a god mode follows from the idea that there is a concrete good and bad which is shared by anyone intelligent enough to flesh out that idea and come to conclusion. When in reality, people are always able to find fault with others, you could never be perfect, except in the most rigorous aspects like science or math.

I also dont think that is possible for one person to be perfect in one or all of the things that follow from hard logic because of the vast differences between the greats in fields. While they are always able to complement each other, they lack the ability, or struggle with, other areas of study, even ones close to their own.

I think that arises from the brain needing specific configurations to achieve greatness, and that at a certain point, that configuration becomes so strong that it lacks the ability to fully process certain thoughts outside it's usual scope. I definitely think there is an organic limit to how much somebody can know about multiple things, and that increasing ability in one area, decreases the maximum of ability in other areas.
>>
File: skepticstriptych.gif (1MB, 500x579px) Image search: [Google]
skepticstriptych.gif
1MB, 500x579px
>>9107693
>>9107693
Phenethylamine is just boneless amphetamine. TAAR1 is also affected by it. There are no receptors affected by amphetamine which don't have endogenous analogues.

The confidence you are feeling is also in a large part a grandiose delusion (similar to those experienced by patients with mania) extending a minor increase in some psychometric variables. As a pharmaceutical chemist who has abused amphetamines extensively, I can tell you that the benefits it confers aren't a substitute for a larger framework of knowledge that can only be achieved through lengthy consolidation and reflection.

If you want a more interesting pharmacological oddity to fire up your neurons, I'd recommend looking into the functionality selectivity of serotonin receptors, which is a much harder trend to incorporate into our paradigm of receptor-ligand function and probably has more fascinating conclusions for how signal transduction operates in vivo.
>>
>>9107665
>amphetamine
>not posting pic of DMT
>>
>>9108193
>functionality selectivity of serotonin receptors,
I know I'm going to forget this in the morning so this is a bump.

Apparently eating chick peas ups your serotonin. I like chick peas. I'm going to sleep now.
>>
>>9108411
Man I wish I could get DMT again
>>
>>9108193
Good post, my knowledge of neurochemistry is not nearly on the level I'd like to assume it to be. I've read some stuff on different types of 5-HT receptors, I'm not sure but I think it had something to do with the fact that LSD shouldn't work if we follow our understanding of how the brain is wired.

Glad I got someone qualified to reply.
>>
>>9107702
Tyramine is a natural byproduct of most amino compunds.

You can't cook meth with it and should avoid it if you're on certain types of antidepressants and don't wanna die via cardiac arrest/hypertensive shock
>>
>>9107665
About the same as the odds of our bodies accepting arsenic metabolically and applying it in place of phosphorous based on their similar molecular properties
>>
>>9107665
No.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.