[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey, mycologists. Identify this mushroom for me. They're

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

File: shroom3.jpg (146KB, 816x612px) Image search: [Google]
shroom3.jpg
146KB, 816x612px
Hey, mycologists. Identify this mushroom for me.

They're growing all over my lawn and I've tried to identify them through internet references, but it's not helping.

So far I think I've narrowed it down to two... One is delicious and has recipes I can try. The other is deadly poisonous.
If it's edible I'm gonna eat it.
Don't lead me astray, /sci/.
>>
File: shroom2.jpg (114KB, 816x612px) Image search: [Google]
shroom2.jpg
114KB, 816x612px
Further information: The biggest one is friggin' huge. It's wider across than my hand. I tried to shake some of the spores onto some paper to identify the color and I THINK it's brown, but it could very well be dark green.
>>
>>9105590
Do it fagget
>>
File: image.jpg (89KB, 816x612px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
89KB, 816x612px
Pic of the underside.
>>
>>9105590
If you wan't to get high pinch one kinda hard and see if the area you pinched turns bluish, if not, don't bother.
>>
>>9105596
You think I won't.

I'm gonna stir-fry these fuckers so hard.

>>9105602
They're not psylos, they're way too big.
>>
Ask /an/ instead. They probably have a better idea of what it might be.
>>
>>9105603
>stir-fry

People who consume fungi for reasons other than tryptamine ingestion sicken me.
>>
do you sell drugs out of your house or just do them there?
>>9105613
actually /out/ has a mycology guy who posts there often i think that would be the best bet
>>
>>9105613
Thanks. I'll try them too. I've also asked /ck/

>>9105619
My fiance smokes weed for PTSD but that's about it. I'm just a crazy guy.
>>
File: science and math myc.jpg (19KB, 570x173px) Image search: [Google]
science and math myc.jpg
19KB, 570x173px
>>9105590
>>
File: destroyed.jpg (103KB, 816x612px) Image search: [Google]
destroyed.jpg
103KB, 816x612px
Update:

/ck/ and /out/ were no help.

I decided to go the scientific route.

Poke it with a plastic spoon until it does something suspicious.

It's a green-spored parasol. Not deadly, but not safe to eat.

I then supported my hypothesis by playing golf with a swingblade. While I theorized that the largest mushroom would have the most spores, I discovered the undersides of the smaller ones were a violent dark green. I probably should have checked those first.

And that's the scientific method.
>>
>>9105590
Macrolepiota of some sort, in my country some people collect those and consume, dont know about this harvest of yours tho, good luck and dont get poisoned
>>
Parasol mushroom
>>
>>9105745
its not a green spored parasol.
those have a flat cap.
the caps of your mushrooms are umbonate.

you just ruined your dinner
>>
>>9105616
yeah bc you are an autismo who cant appreciate anything outside of stem

>>9105595
have you never watched a horror movie ever
>>
dont eat it
>>
>>9106418
You can eat anything in small enough doses. To test toxicity, take a pinch and rub into your inner forearm skin real good, wait and see if you have a reaction. If pass, take a pinch a lightly chew and spit, wait. If pass take a pinch chew and hold in lip like chew tobacco for 5 min, wait for reaction. If pass eat a small bite and wait a haf day for any vomit/diarrhoeal response, then try larger amount. Then it might be safe. Even hemlock wouldnt kill you as you incrementally test, at some point your body will communicate to you "oh hell nah" or "yum".
>>
Psilocybe Cubensis.
>>
>>9105590
Buy a hamster or a chicken and feed it to it. If it dies, it's poisonous.
>>
>>9105601
>>9105595
Chlorophyllum molybdites, don't eat it
>>
>>9106807
but those have a flat cap and the one in ops pic clearly doesnt.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.