[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can someone explain to me, in scientific terms with regards to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 2

File: 8-vieques-island-puerto-cico.jpg (172KB, 775x581px) Image search: [Google]
8-vieques-island-puerto-cico.jpg
172KB, 775x581px
Can someone explain to me, in scientific terms with regards to psychology or neurology, why when I was a young child or 4 or 5, the strip mall down the road from my house looked to me like an amazing ancient Native American relic of the past, filled with tribal native motifs, watch towers, and tee-pee settlements, which was no doubt created by skilled Native American craftsmen long long ago. But now that I'm an adult it just appears to be a shitty brown strip mall with zigzaps on the walls, with a couple fake plastic tee-pees on the roof...?
>>
File: Sigmund_Freud_LIFE.jpg (876KB, 1066x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Sigmund_Freud_LIFE.jpg
876KB, 1066x1500px
>>9104237
How was your relation with your mother?
>>
>>9104237
>psychology or neurology
I can't help you with either of those pleb-tier sciences, but I can explain this with semiotics.
When you where a child the cheesy Native American motifs at the strip mall seemed legitimate to you because you, as a naive child had not yet learned to recognize them from legitimate Native American architecture. When you saw teepees and the geometric patterns, these are the representamines you identified from the object(the strip mall) all the cheesy parts of the mall you had not yet learned to recognize, so while part of the object they were not representamines, this is how you got the interpertant "relic of the past, filled with tribal native motifs, watch towers, and tee-pee settlements, which was no doubt created by skilled Native American craftsmen long long ago" from the object "shitty brown strip mall with zigzaps on the walls, with a couple fake plastic tee-pees on the roof"
There is a lot more you do not see, for example people who are not taught to recognize the color blue, cannot see the color blue, it's just meaningless background information to them. Everything you interpret is constructed from meaning. There is nothing more than what you know.
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.