[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's play a game. We will try to deduce how aspects of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

File: 1502350546634.jpg (612KB, 1024x1471px) Image search: [Google]
1502350546634.jpg
612KB, 1024x1471px
Let's play a game.
We will try to deduce how aspects of fictional 'verses would play out in real life.
Humans are great at finding creative ways to use the tools already possessed and fiction doesn't do that justice by a longshot.
If followed through to their logical conclusions, you realise that these worlds have greater potential than shown.

For example certain systems of magic could be rigorously broken apart in order to create logical components that use mana instead of electricity. Magic computers!
Or when you can transfer your physical brain into a cyborg, you could also take someone else's brain, put it in a box that simulates a personal hell and give it a push into the blackness of space, to float..
That regenerating monster that is captured and used for food.
That portal gun that becomes a component of a perpetual motion machine and gives infinite energy.

>These are kinda lame, but you guys are smart enough to think of better ones I'm sure!
>>
>>9103198

Off to /tg/ with you.
>>
>>9103198
I think this wizard is broken...

:(
>>
Actually you're probably right. Sounds more fitting. Thank you for reminding me. Then again considering the level of shitposting here, I'll leave this up in case someone wants to take a stab at it.
>>
>>9103198
>When you get to multiverse theory magic and science make sweet sweet love and have a baby called dischordia~
>>
>>9103198
>Not using the elder wand to repair hogwarts before breaking it.

>Not using the time turner to kill voldemort.

>Not using a fucking phoenix down on Arith

>Not jamming a brain control system into hulk

>Not making an army of Tony Stark robots

>Not wishing for more genies instead of wishes
>>
File: image.jpg (62KB, 720x864px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
62KB, 720x864px
>>9103216
Are you talking about Eris from Discordianism?
>>
>>9103198
And of course, my personal favourite...

not breaking the fourth wall and killing your oppressive writer Gods.
>>
>>9103227
It would be nice if someone created a text that blurred the lines between their personal issues and the story, writing about how the character is trying to psychologically manipulate them (the writer) into comminting suicide and then actually doing it. A nice piece of performance art.
>>
>>9103225
Yes. How I met the Goddess and what I did to her when I found her. That Eris. Why?
>>
>>9103234
>Why?
You put an extra h in the word and I wasn't sure if this was another character with a similar name.
Praise the Goddess!
>>
>>9103233
>not having the writer be forced to write a story arch where their character builds a portal to our world and having the character show up at the last moment to see him fall and laugh at his demise.

Lol...in real life the thing that separates us from the multiverse is a power requirement. The amount of energy needed to "break" the higgs field...however if there are higher dimensions with creatures of higher potential energy than this one it stands to reason you could manipulate them through "prayers".... oh wait. I said too much. But what are the chances they would actually listen to you~
:3
>>
>>9103238
A recent revelation. The extra-h is intentional. The discordians are currently in deep seated battle with the Illuminati.
>>
>>9103243
>But what are the chances they would actually listen to you

I really hope none! Let me explain:
I once had a psychotic episode fueled by drug abuse and an extreme existential crisis that made me think Descarte's demon's was real (unironically) that culminated in depersonilization episodes and a sort of Turret's syndrome for thoughts. Basically having obssessive thoughts that the more I tried not to think, the more I would and the more my internal voice would shout them in my mind's.. ear? You know.. Don't think of a green penguin and such..
I was actually convinced I was communicating with lovecraftian entities through telepathy and my scumbug subconscious would keep repeating requests for torture.
Anyway.. Then I stopped the drugs, became less crazy and that depersonilization event made me interested in the nature of consciousness.
>>
File: thediscordiansociety.jpg (108KB, 300x201px) Image search: [Google]
thediscordiansociety.jpg
108KB, 300x201px
>>9103268
>Contacting entities directly
>Not living a Wizardly hermit like life and abiding by their ideals until "they" contact "you".
>being high while they talk to you

Nobody thinks anymore...how would you like it if a begger knocked down the door to speak with you?

WHEW
>>
>>9103268
>>9103243
Would you deal with complex demons and a resultant double personality, because God would not attend your childsih wishes and vanity.
>>
File: azathoth.jpg (580KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
azathoth.jpg
580KB, 1000x1000px
>>9104148
God? Do you mean Azathoth, the daemon sultan, the blind idiot god, the amorphous blight of nethermost confusion which blasphemes and bubbles at the center of all infinity?
>>
>>9104241
Really, you would be more prone to deal with the crawling chaos, the will of those blind and voiceless beings, Nyarlethotep.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.