[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do the living forms perceive the time as we do? I will give

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: grief-and-loss.jpg (83KB, 582x328px) Image search: [Google]
grief-and-loss.jpg
83KB, 582x328px
Do the living forms perceive the time as we do?

I will give some examples in order you understand my question.

Does the time (for example a minute) looks longer for a bug which has a short life expectancy?

In a similar way, does a minute looks shorter for a turtle with a long life expectancy?

In a similar way, does a minute looks as a second for a tree with a very long life expectancy? In other words, if a man walks along a tree, would the tree detects him in a point A and then in a point B 20 meters farther and nothing between these 2 points?

Sorry for my English.
>>
This is part of the Hard Problem of Conciousness, look that up.
>>
Perception of time depends partly on age. Remember when you were a kid and summers seemed to last forever, and now you're older the years just fly past? It's because when you were a kid a summer was 10% of your lifespan, and the older you get each year is a smaller and smaller fraction of your life.
Bugs and young turtles think time is slow, old turtles think it's fast.
>>
Bugs have no consciousness to speak of, and while they apparently act rationally with respect to time it's only hardcoded behavior, similar to what robots with a comparable computing power would do.

Reptiles do have some conscious time perception, but their consciousness is very narrow and doesn't extend much beyond obvious cycles like day/night and dangerous situation/safe situation.

Plants are not conscious, their behavior is purely biochemical and mechanical.

For humans the perception of time is globally distorted as one gets older like >>9103203 said.
>>
>>9103203
That was never the case for me. The passing of time has always felt the same.
>>
>>9103291
Really? Subjective time dilation is well documented and certainly true in my experience. How old are you?
>>
File: deepcat.png (21KB, 582x328px) Image search: [Google]
deepcat.png
21KB, 582x328px
>>9103159
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.