[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When did you realize you were just being an edgy teenager by

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

When did you realize you were just being an edgy teenager by hating on AI?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpa5wyutpGc
>>
>"AI"
>>
They weren't being edgy. It's just a fact that every RTS and DotA type game had shit AI. You need to do a lot of complex tasks that are pretty much impossible to code for with traditional AI coding methods.

I think it's fair to not believe a piece of technology exists yet (AI good enough to beat a human in DotA) if it literally did not exist yet a day before
>>
File: 146203_700b.jpg (54KB, 700x465px) Image search: [Google]
146203_700b.jpg
54KB, 700x465px
>>9102082
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxsNnUAyfd4
>>
>>9102074
Uhhhhhh so what exactly is going on here. I don't get it.
>>
>>9102172
They trained a bot to play a 1v1 scenario in DOTA. It really has nothing to do with playing the game except for a very specific case. It's also something that computer intelligence has always been good at, so it's not really that impressive in its own right.
>>
>>9102229
Ahh the classic moving the goal posts argument
>>
>>9102074
So it is a good aim bot?
I wonder what strategies it would evolve if it didn't have perfect timing.
>>
>>9102882
It's Actions Per Minute is average, though efficient. But it's reaction time is ridiculous, which helps.

The efficiency and reliability that makes it good in any strategy it hones in. New strategy makes it confused, but it adapts to it too. So that's cool.
>>
>>9102968
>New strategy makes it confused, but it adapts to it too
Same with humans. Except most of us don't adapt to it very well. I guess for most players the only option against a well-trained bot is to be as unconventional and inventive as possible, whilst still maintaining focus and not letting it get ahead by messing around with stupid ideas. Most humans that play video games like these follows certain strategies/tactics and the general meta. Either by experimenting themselves or imitating others. Even pro players are like this, so the best player is the one who never makes standards or assumptions in their approach and is good at creating decent yet unconventional strats/tactics on the fly.

Also, APM is not very indicative of anything, for Dota and others like it, it is not relevant. You see players in StarCraft with insane APMs but it still means nearly nothing. There is a cut-off to how much you can actually do and think about, pressing keys really fast doesn't change that. Though a certain APM is required, depending on the game. It being average is understandable and likely a deliberate result.
>>
>>9102259
is customary for /sci/
how else would they justify the 30 flat earth threads a day, or the 20 "humanity will never ever ever leave the earth ever" threads a day
>>
>>9102229
Uhhhhhh what's a DOTA? I have no idea what's going on in the videos. I mean it seems like a cool AI problem I guess.
>>
>>9102882
it'd have more or less the same reactions a normal person would have, correction and overshooting, projection and error reduction, maybe it'd "panic" too
Still, call me back when we can eliminate mouse and keyboard and have direct inputs, that'd level the playing field quite a bit even with very advanced AIs
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.