[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the easiest job in CS that also has high employability

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: skipadick.png (319KB, 598x437px) Image search: [Google]
skipadick.png
319KB, 598x437px
What is the easiest job in CS that also has high employability and pays a decent sallary? I'm getting a degree in humanities but I'm also interested in having other options.
>>
Frontent webdev though it's not really computer science.
>>
>>9101809
Thanks bud.
>>
>>9101800
Machine learning. Ridiculous pay for a bit of lingebra and stat. Demand for employees ever increasing with no end in sight. If that's not for you, bioinformatics is about to get pretty huge too.
>>
>>9101815
Is a degree in CS necessary to work in these fields? If I learn things by myself and manage to have a good portifolio, would that be enough?
>>
>>9101819
Not neccessary for ML if you don't want to be a cucked by google or some other unicorn. Learn the theory behind it (lingebra, stat, measure) and then focus on things to put on your CV, learn tensorflow and other memes that are regularly used.
For bioinformatics, it's still pretty much mandatory now but in 4-7 years, it's going to get huge and everyone even remotely connected to it will want some grunts. There are already dozens of companies popping up who are hiring.
>>
>>9101815
>machine learning
>easy

laughingwhores.png
>>
File: laughing wombs.jpg (596KB, 1500x1143px) Image search: [Google]
laughing wombs.jpg
596KB, 1500x1143px
>>9102057
>machine learning
>hard
>>
>>9102107
for some fuck from humanities yes, they are stupid, he can't do this
>>
>>9102107
>>hard
Only because the textbooks are terrible. Bishop's Pattern recognition and machine learning is probably the worst.

Official Errata (29pp): errors on virtually every page. up to 4 errors on one page.

Unofficlal errata: 70pp, far more errors that are not in the official document.
>>
>>9102130
name good ones then
>>
>>9102157
There are no good ones.
>>
>>9102112
If he can learn lingebra and some stats, sure as hell he can. Not to mention he's not going to do research, he's going to be using some framework to build a shitty NN because it's what everyone uses these days and if you don't use NN in your company, you're not cool. Difficulty of ML is fucking overrated, try writing a paper on formal verification or verifying a piece of software. ML is only seen as difficult by engineering students or gullible people who can't into undergrad math, they get scared by the attrocious conventions and names. It's piss-easy if you get through the piles of bullshit.
Bioinformatics is much harder because it's cross-disciplinary, but it's still managable if you just want some basic job. He's most likely going to just program what the researchers tell him to either way.
>>
>>9101861
OP here, thanks anon. I'll look it up, I actually got interested and I already study philosophy of science so I find this stuff interesting.
>>
most people get employed as a web developer, so backend stuff managing databases
>>
>>9102341
Just get a solid base in undergrad math, frankly that's all you need to be considered an above average candidate. Provided your portfolio isn't empty.
>>9102646
And hate your life forever. If you ever have to touch web stuff, you're going to regret it. ML is at least a bit interesting, even if it's a meme and getting a position is easy these days.
>>
>>9101815
>Demand for employees ever increasing with no end in sight
You need either to have 3 to 5 years of experience working with ML or be a grad with a PhD, period. You won't just learn something by yourself and walk into a job.
>>
>>9102948
Yes at a serious company. Surprise, surprise, these days a fucking pet shops use ML. You just need to know a bit of theory and tensorflow et voila, hired. I got hired into ML with 0 experience during undergrad, and that was 5 years ago. And it wasn't some hotel for dogs, it was a regional logistics company where the use of ML was actually warranted and brought tangible improvements.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.