[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can science explain why jerking off feels better after I take

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: DrugItem_6144.jpg (183KB, 600x419px) Image search: [Google]
DrugItem_6144.jpg
183KB, 600x419px
Can science explain why jerking off feels better after I take Benadryl? What does histamine receptor blockade have to do with the male sexual cycle?
>>
Benedryl makes you drowsy

Take a benzo or a sleeping pill for 10x results
>>
>>9100603
You should try smoking meth
>>
It's not the histamine receptor blockade, it's the serotonin transporter inhibition. It's the serotonin that makes you feel good, but diphenhidramine isn't as powerful as antidepressants for that, so it doesn't make your dick go limp, whilst enjoying the benefits of slightly higher extracelular serotonin.

Hello to every1.
>>
>>9101649
>>9100755
Nah. Orgasm on benadryl feels way different than meth or mushrooms
>>
>>9101659
Meth increases plasma dopamine levels, diphenhydramine doesn't. Psilocyn is also a superagonist of serotonin receptors, and is very selective towards HT2r, which is why antidepressants aren't psychedelic, and psychedelics allow for a decent erection.
>>
>>9101755
>Multiple administrations of methamphetamine (METH) rapidly decreased serotonin (5HT) transporter (SERT) function in rat striatum and hippocampus.

>In addition, psilocin is able to bind
to the sodium-dependent serotonin transporter
(SERT) which is a type of transporter protein that
helps shuttle serotonin from the synaptic cleft back
into the pre-synaptic neuron.

Hoi Hoi
>>
>>9100603
Histamine is a modulatory neurotransmitter. Generally as histamine increases, so does does dopamine in various regions. 5-HT however tends to rise. Norepinephrine synthesis also slightly. But it's non-linear, and depends on the manner of blockade and other pathways involved. This is why eg ginger root will at first act like a stimulant, then after ~30 minutes, behave like a sedative on some tasks. Most of that effect is strictly from the gingerols, or whatever they're dubbed sometimes, that are antagonists at certain histamine receptor sites. Whether or not this is calming or centering depends on starting state. Most people are chronically inflamed because the American diet etc is trash. Neuroinflammation (microglia activation and presence of certain cytokines) reduces 5-HT release to prevent the formation of reactive quinones. This can also explain the increased pleasure, as sexual pleasure is generally also intertwined with emotional self awareness and empathy.

Not bothering to separate this into paragraphs, it was originally intended to be shorter. I have at times found ginger root to make masturbation more pleasurable.
>>
>>9101755
>diphenhydramine doesn't.

"The pattern of activation of dopamine (DA) neurotransmissionin the nucleus accumbens (NAc) of rats produced by H1 histamine antagonists which have behavioral effects like those of psychostimulant drugs was examined."

"intravenous diphenhydramine...elicited a cocaine-like pattern of stimulation of DA transmission"

hoi
>>
>>9101760
>>9101777
Hiep hoi
>>
>>9101760
I never said meth didn't increase serotonin, that's exactly why I didn't mention serotonin when comparing meth and diphenhydramine. I know they have "similar" serotonin increasing qualities, but the fact is that that does not matter because ultimitely, every other monoamine neurotransmitter interaction between these drugs is so different it doesn't make sense to solely pin point the different effects only on serotonin.
Id est:
1) The reason diphenhydramine feels "tingly" when you orgasm is because of a SLIGHT increase in plasma serotonin levels (plus, the anxiolytic effect of antimuscarinic and antihistaminergic interactions).
2) The reason why meth doesn't feel exactly like diphenhydramine it's because it increases extracelular dopamine levels too, on top of the serotonin levels.

On the case of psilocyn the fact that it is a superagonist still makes it extremely different. Ok, so they share one (1) pharmacological mechanism, you're telling me that HT2A superagonism and high binding affinity has nothing to do with its effects? Because, in my book, it means you need a far lower dose for the psychedelic effects to work than for its SRI effects to kick in.
>>
>>9100617

>implying it's normally the case

no it doesn't you complete faggot
>>
>>9101777
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18363822
Nice trips, but this is what I'd call preliminary, at best. Even then, the difference in potency with which they increase dopamine levels is abismal.
>>
>>9101806
I dont know what i'm talking about and i appreciate you took the time to explain it. It's really really hard to find good explanations for drugs on the internet that arent done by morons doing long winded versions of what i did.
>>
>>9100603
>Benadryl
Shit is awful. The only good time to take it is right before you plan on going to bed.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.