[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how do you motivate yourself to study math or science when it's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: FJNdgaS.jpg (203KB, 500x900px) Image search: [Google]
FJNdgaS.jpg
203KB, 500x900px
how do you motivate yourself to study math or science when it's so fucking boring
>>
Why would you study something that bores you?
>>
>>9099253
I have a year left in my current degree (Psych)
Minor in mathematics

I want to switch fully into math.
Is it worth? Or should I just finish my current degree and apply to a masters program in math?
>>
>>9099255
mandatory for highschool and beyond
>>
File: 177313.jpg (60KB, 583x750px) Image search: [Google]
177313.jpg
60KB, 583x750px
math is fucking gay, i will never understand STEM autists
>>
File: hesays.jpg (7KB, 250x241px) Image search: [Google]
hesays.jpg
7KB, 250x241px
>>9099261
>he says on a STEM board
>>
>>9099253
How do you motivate yourself to do anything when everything is so fucking boring?

How did you motivate yourself to read or write when those tasks are boring?

What makes something boring?
>>
>>9099253
Because it isn't boring. There are boring parts, but on the whole stem is pretty rad.
Maybe find something you actually like

t. PhD chemist
>>
File: 73646754.jpg (165KB, 736x736px) Image search: [Google]
73646754.jpg
165KB, 736x736px
>tfw just discover that all the physics can be described with circle properties.
>tfw the circle is a limit to infinity
>tfw ancient people know this already
>>
>>9099253
If science is boring to you maybe you should study something else.
>>
>>9099253
Picky eaters starve.
>>
Because its the language the universe is built with so as your world, its fascinating as it can explain so many things and it's truth is so deeply printed into us, it work so well in our reality, its so elegant sometimes that you might even think maths and physics could really be some "godly thing " .

And also because it helps you to understand yourself and the way things really work, hence how to not be a worse human than you already are and how you to help the world and people.

When you know your brain is just a home for chemical reactions, you understand you are not a very smart being..yet and not so willing free... Then you realize we are just animals tied to our desires and primitive reflexes that have evolved into what we call a 'personnality', acting in a social group in order to feed our needs to not be alone and compare to others to stay a normal fuck... while you are just a big ant.

Knowing is necessary to an ant, first to know its an ant, but we are way more complicated than ants.

Knowledge was there before and after all of our lives, its the ruler of the game we play, if you want to transcend a bit of what you are, you should try some.
>>
>>9099255

honestly i've never understood how someone could think math or science is boring. You realize, these two things can be used to explain our entire existence? these two things explain literally everything that exists and how it works

so maybe you're just boring and stupid
>>
>>9099497
>durrr circles duurrr
>>
>>9099253
Maybe you are just trying to study them in a wrong way.
In my case, I'm good at math but bored me after a few exercises because they were all like "solve this integral", "prove this shit", "use a formula to solve this", but then I started studying in a different way, i.e., instead of solving exercises, I found problems that interested me and then I learned what I needed to solve it, be it integral, derivations, limits...
>>
File: 1502484920424.jpg (129KB, 783x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1502484920424.jpg
129KB, 783x1024px
>>9099253
Mathematicians view set theory as fundamental. Anything can be considered an object, even a space or a process, and wherever there are objects, there is a set to contain them. This something may be a relation, a space, an algebraic system, but it is also a set; its relational, spatial, or algebraic structure simply makes it a structured set. So mathematicians view sets, broadly including null, singleton, finite, and infinite sets, as fundamental objects basic to meaningful descriptions of reality. It follows that reality itself should be a set. In fact, the largest set of all. But every set, even the largest one, has a powerset which contains it, and that which contains it muct be larger, a contradiction. The obvious solution: define an extension of set theory incorporating two senses of containment which work together in such a way that the largest set can be defined as containing its powerset in the other. Thus it topologically includes itself in the act of descriptively including itself in the act of topologically including itself and so on, in the course of which it obviously becomes more than just a set.
>>
>>9100451
Where do you find these problems?
>>
>>9100492
Since I'm a compsci student, I found several in my classes. Chaos theory, fractals, optimization problems, digital signal processing...
>>
>>9100451
This approach appeals to me but like >>9100492 I just have no idea where to find these so-called interesting problems.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.