[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what do you believe is the greatest scientific achievement t

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

what do you believe is the greatest scientific achievement this millennium?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpk2tdsPh0A
>>
>>9097567
Of all the possible known axiomizations of QMU and CTMU comes out the single most elegant from of social constructivism and monocentrism. Needles to say the applications of theoremhood to the "soft" sciences (As the sexist white pigs would denote them) is a step in the wrong direction, essentially, category theory turns out to be a framework for reality, the implication is that there is no reality aside from the one we construct through axiomatics.
>>
it's a shame such a brilliant problem solving mind was wasted on optimizing a 20 year old video game. i've watched the whole thing and it's quite incredible to see what he came up with to complete the level that way. nonetheless.. it's that much effort for fucking mario. props to him for creating interesting content but honestly the speedrunner community's autism could be redirected somewhere much more useful
>>
>>9097579
not even speed running lmao. it takes 12 hrs to build up speed.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSa-pwML4z4
>>
>>9097567
Putting a man on the moon and returning him safely to the earth.
>>
>>9097567
Which millennium? The one we're in now, the one that just happened, or the last thousand years from today?
This is important because my answer depends on whether you're including 1001-1016
>>
>>9097641
No, that was a cute PR story to get people to study engineering and move to america.
>>
>>9097660
Which is exactly why the other superpower at the time was completely silent on the matter
>>
>>9097699
We did not get to read it's version. All our media companies got plenty of "help" from good old Marshal and other goodies.
>>
>>9097705
Ah you're right, my mistake - Earth's largest nation, which held dozens of other countries under its thrall, was powerless to broadcast the fact the moon landings were fake despite having complete state control of its own media... or perhaps the USSR did proclaim the moon landings were fake, but somehow not even a single person from the capitalist world received this news and then every single shred of evidence that this happened was deleted from all of their archives and from the memories of their citizens.
>>
>>9097618
my speedrunning i meant speedrunning/game optimization of any kind since the communities are decently related
>>
>>9097641
but this happend in the last millenium
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.