[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I had a question /sci/ I'm starting to read a book on

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_2576.png (29KB, 350x227px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2576.png
29KB, 350x227px
So I had a question /sci/

I'm starting to read a book on quantum computing and was wondering, is it possible to build a simple computer at my house? If so, what would I need to know? If not why?

I'm a physics major, with a CS and math minor. About to enter my last year. I want to build one for a proof of concept. Make it just add, subtract, multiply, and divide. I know there are companies like D wave working on this but I'd like to learn. And I assume they are farther along than this.
>>
>>9094768
* A simple quantum computer
>>
Anyone?
>>
>>9094771
>simple quantum computer
Nah buddy, no way you can be a senior physics major at a decent program and say things like that.
>>
>>9094768
ya dude lol ok heres what you do

now you make a neutron gun. you just need a banana peel, some tin foil, a block of lead, and and some americium

you'll also need some of that green shit u find in glow in the dark stuff it's called radium but that's jsut because it tastes good lol you dont actually need it but it tastes so good lol

ok so u got ur neutron gun right im sure u can figure out what to do with those ingrediants but anyways you have microtubules in your brain where quantum stuff happens like entanglemant and superposition so you need to get some of those lol probably just give your buddy a scalpel and hell figure it out hes ur buddy

so now ur have ur neutron gun and microtubules lol so next what u need to do is find candle jack becau
>>
>>9094768
You need to have an extremely clean system of isolated electrons, and ultra sensitive measurement equipment.
Clean and sensitive is the area of high end expensive tech.
The most robust system I kmow is nitrogen vacancies in diamonds, which is out of reach for home.
I would recommend fucking around with googles quantum computer simulator.
>>
>>9094768
fuck quantum computing anon, build a computer that uses light instead of electricity.
>>
>>9094908
I haven't taken any higher level courses yet. Highest I've take is modern physics. Sorry if as of now I'm a brainlet
>>9094919
I haven't a Banana peel...
>>9094925
So it's hopeless then?
>>9094927
You mean an optical computer?
>>
>>9094768
>is it possible to build a simple [quantum] computer at my house?

unless you have access to high vacuums and cryogenics, no
>>
>>9096222
Finally a direct answer, well fuck.

Thanks
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.