[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let us try to retrace the origins of our universe (or of anything

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

Let us try to retrace the origins of our universe (or of anything that existed before our universe came into being). No matter how much thought I put into it I always come to this two alternatives, either:

a) Our universe (or the previous worlds that would ultimately gave birth to our universe) came out of complete nothingness.

b) Our universe (or the previous worlds that would ultimately gave birth to our universe) came from some source that have always existed, from something eternal.

It seems impossible to actually comprehend any of these two alternatives:

1-something came from absolute nothing

2-there was something that always existed, something eternal

Do any of you guys know some explanations for this problems? Are there scientists that address the problem of existence erupting from nothingness or the eternity of something?
>>
It does not come down to those two choices. You are making a false dichotomy.

Here are some other examples.

c) The universe has always existed and is eternal, with no cause or meaning. Trying to find the "cause" of the universe is a nonsense question, like asking what the color of a number is.
d) The laws of causality as we know them do not apply on extreme small (smaller than Strings) or extremely large (multiverse) scales. Things can cause themselves somehow.
e) The universe doesn't exist and somehow we are perceiving the illusion of the universe in a way which does not require a universe to exist.

Also, I would like to point out that by claiming "the universe was made by God", that does not solve the problem at all. You just have the exact same problem but with the word "universe" replaced with the word "God".

On to the next point
>it seems impossible to actually comprehend any of these two alternatives:
Just because something seems hard to believe doesn't mean it's untrue. For these "big questions", we have shockingly little information to work with. Really, anything is possible at that scale, and all we can do is grope blindly and make guesses.
>>
>You have wandered into the Lair of Philosophers.
>A dozen mangled bodies lay on the ground, skulls caved in and brains smashed. In their midst spattered with their blood stands Aristotle, wielding his deadly Cosmological Argument.
>Behind you an Infinite Regress lurks in the shadows, blocking any hope of escape.
>What will you do?
>Fight
>Perish like a dog
>>
>>9094390
>wielding his deadly Cosmological Argument.

Has Aristotle wondered about the same thing as the OP?
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.