[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just read a youtube comment that gave me stage twenty cancer:

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

I just read a youtube comment that gave me stage twenty cancer: "The law of conservation of energy cannot be used as an argument against the existence of perpetual motion machines."
>nigga what
What makes people believe in things like perpetual motion machines and flat earth to the point where their head is so far up their own ass that they somehow come up with endless counters to any logic?
>>
He is right.

conservation of energy is not the law that precludes perpetual motion machines.

Its only when you bring the 2nd law into play that perpetual motion becomes impossible
>>
>>9092846
Elaborate.
>>
>>9092854
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-QgGXbDyR0&user=TEDEducation
>>
>>9092854
some energy is lost as heat
>>
>>9092840
Conservation of Energy only prevents a specific subset of Perpetual Motion Machines. You're thinking of Entropy.
>>
>>9092846
No. He's right and not just because the second law comes into play. Several times, observation didn't fit the theory, and physics had to be changed. Thermodynamics is not protected from this possible fate.
>>
A closed system does not exist in nature, there is a sea of energy permeating all reality, Tesla was not a liar.
>>
>>9094571
Noether

>>9094576
Universe is still a closed system
>>
>>9094580
>Universe is still a closed system
Unless it was made by God.

Figure that one out.
>>
>>9094593
Still a closed system unless you think god intervenes directly.
>>
>>9094571
At the moment, the predictions that it makes are valid beyond interpretation. There is nothing to even base an assumption on that the model is incorrect.
>>
>>9094617
>valid beyond interpretation
What's this buzzword?
>>
>>9092854

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_law_of_thermodynamics
>>
>>9092840
>Its only when you bring the 2nd law into play that perpetual motion becomes impossible
>perpetual motion machine
life?
>>
>>9092840
Perpetual Motion Machines are possible and I will make a working one within 5 years.

It technically isn't perpetual motion at all, but it could last for millions of years and pass off at "perpetual"
>>
>>9094654
thats already been made, its called space probes
>>
>>9094654
>It technically isn't perpetual motion at all, but it could last for millions of years and pass off at "perpetual"
by the laws of scale it is not perpetual
>>
>>9092870
>TED
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.