[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Books, videos, lectures, lecture notes et caetera. Which one

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: 1482226088148.jpg (114KB, 682x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1482226088148.jpg
114KB, 682x1024px
Books, videos, lectures, lecture notes et caetera. Which one do you use or prefer and why?
>>
videos/MOOCs > books
>>
only brainlets use anything but books
>>
Books. They let you easily go back and forth between pages and you can re-read stuff you didn't understand.
>>
>>9092246
Depends on the subject matter. If it's about history, politics, psychology, regulations that might be related to my work, or some other soft subject, I like to put a lecture on in the background while I do other shit. Sometimes, that other shit is a textbook, usually in a harder subject like machine design, organic chemistry, or any type of math.

The hard line between the two is whether or not any provided example problems will have an exact answer or set of answers without necessarily being multiple choice. You can accurately articulate an answer in many ways when it comes to behavioral psychology, but you can't do the same with a stress profile parameterization for screw threads.
>>
>>9092246
There are varying degrees of quality in all of those categories.

I prefer reading because it is faster than listening.
>>
File: Rick-Steves1.jpg (54KB, 362x394px) Image search: [Google]
Rick-Steves1.jpg
54KB, 362x394px
>>9092246
a combination of book, lecture, and notes. homework is a gold mine if your professor takes the time to write it himself because he will almost invariably put a variation of that "clever" problem he put on that one assignment on an exam, guaranteed.

i use a bunch of cheap-o notebooks for class and assignments then at the end of the week i compile everything i thought was relevant into a portable master codex that i take with me EVERYWHERE. i tried just compiling everything into a PDF and putting it in my phone but all the important diagrams/drawings became too difficult to read. it barely feels like i study because whenever i got a few minutes on the toilet or in line or something i just flip through my notes. i think there is also something to be said for the act of transcribing stuff and thinking about what is and isn't important.
>>
Books. I write some shit too, like demonstrations and good examples (i.e no plug n' solve)
>>
>>9092246
Books.
The ideas presented are clear and precise and there are so many problems to work through.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.