[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>did engineering degree a few years ago and am comfortable

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: download (1).jpg (11KB, 298x169px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
11KB, 298x169px
>did engineering degree a few years ago and am comfortable with high school maths
>want to study (hopefully useful) maths in my spare time to give myself mental tools or whatever the benefits are
>have a large book with maths for engineering and physics university students
>feels like a mixture of various discrete things I will easily forget
>look at the exercises I did months ago from the book and can't remember how to do them (weird integrals as an example)

Is this really the best method? Is the autistic and useless in the real world proof stuff worth looking at? I just want to feel like I'm gaining something conceptually and in my intuitions, not just doing shit I'll forget a day later.
>>
File: IMG_0173.jpg (30KB, 460x345px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0173.jpg
30KB, 460x345px
wikihow my dude
>>
>>9091869
felt the same way after calc 2
calc 1 was interesting and had a bunch of applied applications and so I remember a decent chunk of it thats relevant
calc 2 was nothing but weird ass integrals and I forgot most that crap after the exam
Highly doubt I will ever in nature run into a formula where I'll need to know what the integral of sec^58csc^4 is equal to
>>
>>9091923

that sec 58 csc 4 is probably data points along whatever the fuck the scientist or engineer was studying at a job. he will use numberical methods instead of the dumb trig sub to get the area under the curve
>>
>>9091869
without applications you might as well be memorizing digits of pi.
>>
>>9092457
This guy gets it. Look for applications of what you learn.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.