[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello /sci/ I am a math major and am about a year away from graduating

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: books.jpg (669KB, 1300x867px) Image search: [Google]
books.jpg
669KB, 1300x867px
Hello /sci/ I am a math major and am about a year away from graduating with a Bachelor's Degree. I would like to start to organize everything that I have from my text books and books i've bought into an organized collection. How should I go about that.

3 books on Calculus
3 on Differential Equations
2 on statistics
Euclidean Geometry
Abstract Algebra
Books on Proofs
2 on Number Theory
and one book called Math 1001 by Richard Elwes.

How should /sci/ approach doing this?
>>
dewey decimals are the most mathematic way to arrange books
>>
let me rephrase that. I want to read through the books and make a collection of notes through all of them.
>>
>>9090848
library of congress classification is much better
>>
>>9090855

Since the notes are ultimately for you, you are free to organize your notes in whatever manner you see fit.

I understand what you're trying to do. You want to systematize your own knowledge and "punch it up again", both to have it re-phrased in your own terms for easy reference, and also to have it organized with respect to your own personal understanding - in addition to the simple fact that writing it up again will help your retention.

I would suggest creating a series of pdfs/LaTeX documents which correspond more-or-less to each of the books that you'll be working from.

As for literally putting your books on your shelf, this is what I do: on the lower shelves, I keep my big heavy textbooks, which are all alpha-author. On the next shelf up, I keep the lighter, smaller paperbacks and general math interest books (most of my Dover paperbacks are in this area, though some bleeds down into the lower shelf at the moment), also alpha-author. In my case I simply make an arbitrary distinction between the two sets since they are small and finite (and thus tractable) and thus not requiring a more rigorous scheme.
>>
>>9090814 >>9091872
What's the best way to organize my hundreds of STEM PDF ebooks pirated from libgen.io.
>>
>>9090814
How organize Browser Bookmarks?
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.