[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Is there any type of math not worth knowing? >Is there

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: cxpk0GD.gif (102KB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
cxpk0GD.gif
102KB, 300x200px
>Is there any type of math not worth knowing?
>Is there any type of math that is worth knowing, but there are better topics to spend your time on?
>If someone bad at math was going to be trapped on an island for 10 years then rescued, with every math book ever made, what should their study plan be if they wanted to maximize their time?
>>
>>9090122
>If someone bad at math was going to be trapped on an island for 10 years then rescued, with every math book ever made, what should their study plan be if they wanted to maximize their time?

to use the paper of the book to roll up dat premium tropical cannabi into da perfect joint ya hear

den u be spending you time right my man
>>
>>9090122
>1.
Most of it. (unless you work with it or have it as a hobby of course)
>2.
Same as 1.
>3.
Probably roughly the same as in normal education. Gradeschool > Highschool > undergrad > starting to specialize in what interests you
>>
>>9090132
disregard this, i now concur with >>9090125
>>
>>9090132
Let's say they have a high school education in math and are beginning at the level of having all the prerequisites for a Bachelor's in Mathematics but haven't taken any college math courses

When I said "bad at math" I didn't mean "preschool level" I guess I meant "advanced high school level"
>>
File: aaaaaaaaaadasdsad.png (5KB, 749x91px) Image search: [Google]
aaaaaaaaaadasdsad.png
5KB, 749x91px
>>9090135
Maybe you're okay at math, but you suck at logic
>>
>>9090158
This is just a hypothetical thread on the optimal ordering of topics, not a description of my personal abilities
>>
>>9090122
>1.
Up for debate. First we have to come up with a metric for "worth" and to what extent we are classifying "knowing".
>2.
This question has the same problems as the previous question. That said, some things are more important than others. You will need Analysis and Algebra to get anywhere. You will not neccesarily need Category Theory, but you will end up picking up some category theory anyway.
>3.
First, fundamentals. High school stuff. Then, they would have to grab the book they found interesting, and find the things they dont know, and work backwards among their books until they arrived at a book that explained what they needed to know. You can end up with a pretty good education this way.
>>
>>9090122
calculus 1 is not useful math, 2 and 3 is useful
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.