[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help me /sci/ I know it's not related to science that much

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: kekistani.png (99KB, 263x301px) Image search: [Google]
kekistani.png
99KB, 263x301px
Help me /sci/ I know it's not related to science that much but why the f*** I can't read body language and social cues. I don't think I'm autistic. What are the other causes? I have sometimes (read : almost always) problems with it in school. What should I do?

Thanks in advance.

Pic... I guess somewhat related?
>>
>>9089933
Go out more, speak to people more.
>>
>>9089945
Yeah I would gladly do that but I have anxiety from people and I don't know where should I go when I'm out to meet someone new. Btw me initiating conversation is impossible.
>>
>>9089970
Autism and alcohol makes it hard/impossible to correctly read body language. Stay sober.

Try listening more than speaking, that is an easy trick. Remember few girls are known to be autistic, it is thought that they are better at "blending in".
>>
>>9089933
> I can't read body language and social cues.
Classic symptom of autism.
Autism is a good thing for STEM. Since most genius like Einstein were Autistics too.
Autism only sucks if you wanna try to live a plebean Normie Life.
Be proud of our superior autism.
Welcome to the /sci/ club.
>>
>>9090111

t. some normie
>>
>>9090111
Undiagnosed Larpers are Cancer on this board.
>>9089933
Before Calling yourself as autistic, diagnose yourself with a pro Neologist/Doctor/Psychiatrist.
>>
what the fuck is anyone going to tell you here that will help?

Go see a doctor, its probably some psychosomatic disorder or you are autistic.

Probably you are just an attention whore and this rubs people the wrong way, or you are just so self interested you dont attempt to read social cues. Whatever it is, you wont accept any answer posted that doesnt boost your ego.
>>
>>9090123
>Neologist. <-typo
Diagnose with a Pro *Neurologist/Psychiatrist Doctor.
>>
Lots of people just have such dick personalities it's hard to read other people because they're being fake with you. Even if they think you're cool it's not always easy to read. Generally the more of an accepting/laidback person you are the more someone will not bother being fake around you. Most people around me, if they're having a bad day, they're quiet or serious and if I ask em how they're doing and they say fine then I'm like don't lie to me yo then they let out a breath and drop their shoulders and tell me what the fuck is wrong.

Life is a potato and everyone is just trying to act in a way that doesn't make other people barf with confusion. You don't really want to get pegged as this or that. Once you're pegged as uppity or autistic or negative it's going to influence how other people approach you in general. Should try to just have an open personality. Go to work or school or any other box of people and just be like open you know. Open for whatever happens. Generally once someone is done bitching they feel both good that you listened and bad cuz they wasted your time so they try to make a conscious effort to be happy. People REALLY pick up on like everything almost psychically and if you don't believe me do coke and see how different everyone acts
>>
>>9089933
I can't read sign language.

I can't read the body language of most mammals (they all have their own).

I'm afraid you just have to be around it enough.

Maybe watching some TV might give you some "training data".

Also everybody uses their own "dialect" of body language so there isn't really a formula to it.

IMO it is a faulty form of communication that should not be used to convey anything of significance.

At the very least, try to recognize when you are irritating people.
>>
>>9090216
>Maybe watching some TV might give you some "training data".
Mind: blown.

I am imagining how autists would use, say, Seinfeld as "training data"

>Also everybody uses their own "dialect" of body language so there isn't really a formula to it.
Cite?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.