[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>good morning class, today you will all be expected to equally

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 5th_Floor_Lecture_Hall.jpg (851KB, 1000x652px) Image search: [Google]
5th_Floor_Lecture_Hall.jpg
851KB, 1000x652px
>good morning class, today you will all be expected to equally grasp this new material at an equal pace as everybody else during this short arbitrary allotted window of time under the assumption that you will gain a working knowledge of the material before an arbitrary test date set by an arbitrary unit of time that designates a semester!

when will the classroom meme end? Did Plato have to sit in a crowded classroom and expected to learn the same material as a hundred other students? Did einstein really learn all that he did directly from the classroom, or did he learn it all himself where he could take his time?
>>
>new material
You're supposed to read before the lecture, brainlet.
>>
No, MOOCs are not relevant.
>>
>baaaw, why don't meanie adults accomodate my special snowflake self???
If you can't learn the material in time alotted you have to a) study harder or b) make peace with the fact that college is not for you.
>arbitrary test date set by an arbitrary unit of time
Your ability to hold a job, should you manage to graduate, will hinge on you being able to meet deadlines that you had no say in, so you should probably start getting used to that now.
>Did Plato have to sit in a crowded classroom and expected to learn the same material as a hundred other students? Did einstein really learn all that he did directly from the classroom, or did he learn it all himself where he could take his time?
You are nothing like Plato or Einstein.
>>
>>9089442
True. Lectures are too slow paced. I'm lazy though so I don't mind that if I get someone to explain the shit to me instead of reading it myself.
>>
>>9089442
Look you baka,
> when will the classroom meme end? Did Plato have to sit in a crowded classroom and expected to learn the same material as a hundred other students? Did einstein really learn all that he did directly from the classroom, or did he learn it all himself where he could take his time?

You're right, Plato and Einstein learned on their own at their own pace. The difference between them and you is that they knew more than you will ever learn from 20 years of school by the time they were 7. Classes weren't too fast for then, they were laughably slow.
>>
>>9089468
>>9089448
>>9089444
Youre all hating on OP, but OP is to a degree right. Of course, youre right, too.

Einsteins Professor thought he was bad and then he worked at a patent thingy. people need their own pace and learn to the stuff on their own, but a lecture is meant to be a HELP for students. If you dont go to the lecture, you still can write the exaamn and be good. Thing is, the lecture is good to understand the topic and understand it fast, and you get to know what is relevant and whats not.

But without doing exercises on your own and actively thinking, you dont really learn to apply the knowledge to an arbitrary problem.
>>
>>9089476
Thats a wrong attitude. I teach refugees math and they are better than youd expect. Here, ill show you the right attitude in my opinion:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIDLcaQVMqw
>>
>>9089442

College is big business. They care about your money, not you.
>>
>>9089483
>I teach refugees math
Why would you teach math to doctors and engineers?
>>
>>9089486
Why, anon ?
>>
That's where you're wrong. We don't expect everyone to learn at the same pace, we expect them to learn at pace above the minimum (which is a D-) and, if they can't do it, they don't deserve to be educated.
>>
>>9089477
>Einsteins Professor thought he was lazy and then he stopped being lazy and actually did some science
Wtf I hate academia now
>>
>>9089699
C student here
hooooooray
>>
>>9089484
this. few colleges care about teaching. most just want your money
>>
>>9089442
On the other end, I thought it was too slow.
Your pace is the best pace.

>>9089484
This.
I could have tested out of half of my classes but it wasn't an option.
MIT OCW was my anti-drug in HS.
I remember arguing with the math dept. about taking DiffEQ before Calc3.
They wouldn't let me bc "mathematical maturity".
I told them I "know" nothing in DiffEQ would require Calc3 knowledge besides Wronskians (covered it all in HS using OCW).

I didn't get my way; they got my money :(
>>
>>9089442
Remember these words, OP. There's no such thing as complex, only elaborate.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.