[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Scientifically, why do we have vivid hallucinations during sleep

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 43.png (492KB, 540x663px) Image search: [Google]
43.png
492KB, 540x663px
Scientifically, why do we have vivid hallucinations during sleep paralysis? Is it to wake us up from the paralysis? Why does the mind think that it's important to wake up from the paralysis in the first place? Why does whether or not you have sleep paralysis depend on which part of your body you are sleeping on?

There seems to be little scientific explanation, and yet, people choose to believe that it's not paranormal in nature.
>>
Another retard thread
>>
>>9087000
Is that how you debunk the paranormal? By calling it 'retarded' and offering no explanation?
>>
>>9087001
Literally a quick google search will give you an explanation, retard.
>>
>>9087004
If you actually googled it for yourself you would see that there is nothing but very basic information on the subject that doesn't at all explain the questions in the OP.
>>
>>9087010
Maybe if you used intuition. This thread will go nowhere since you used the term "paranormal".
>>
>>9086998
>There seems to be little scientific explanation, and yet, people choose to believe that it's not paranormal in nature.
Fuck off.
>>
>>9086998
I have had multiple episodes of sleep paralysis and the way I see it is like this...

Sleep paralysis is basically a state where you are half asleep and half awake. You are fully conscious and can take in sensory input from the 'real world', yet sometimes it is overlayed with the 'dream world' - hence hallucinations
>>
Your brain releases a chemical that keeps you from moving around in your sleep, sometimes you don't wake up all the way, so you're still dreaming, still can't move, but you're conscious. This feeling causes you to panic. Panicking causes your dreams/hallucinations to become spooky. Which is why you feel like evil spirits are crushing you or w/e.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.