[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what would it be like to be made machine-like, insanely efficient

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2

File: 1427824722163.gif (265KB, 300x240px) Image search: [Google]
1427824722163.gif
265KB, 300x240px
what would it be like to be made machine-like, insanely efficient at completing tasks but not capable of generating them? is there any scientific model on the disparity between rational thought and intuition?

how do you quantify their differences? would it be like an inanimate object adhering to the principle of least action?
>>
>>9086721
>what would it be like to be made machine-like, insanely efficient at completing tasks but not capable of generating them?

sounds like me when i masturbate, so to answer your question

i feel mostly the same when masturbating vs not
>>
>>9086721
Positing problems and solving them are organic, stochastic, multi-agent and evolutionary selection processes. We don't really understand these types of intelligence yet.

>what would it be like to be made machine-like, insanely efficient at completing tasks but not capable of generating them?

"Being" is not necessary in completing tasks. Is your computer alive or "being" in some subjective sense?

>is there any scientific model on the disparity between rational thought and intuition?
Not a clear one. See below.

>how do you quantify their differences?
Rational thought has recently received a "definition" of sorts through statistics and computer science. You should look at definitions of "computability" and "effective procedure". As for "intuition", I don't think this is a well-defined term. It is tied closely to subjective experience and the individual (what is intuitive for some is not intuitive for others, and we have barely scratched the surface as to the mechanisms of intuition).

>would it be like an inanimate object adhering to the principle of least action?
You're on the right track if my thoughts are correct. I believe that intuition is an organic process, with "memes" passed down from one generation of thinkers to the next. There is no Newton without Barrow, and no Barrow without his mentor, etc. The process these thinkers are undergoing is a selective one, involving thousands upon thousands of different individuals, each who supply some mathematical object, idea, or conception which lends itself to the solution of the big problem.

For a good insight into the practice of intuition, I recommend reading Einstein's papers as a young man. You can see him painstakingly consider many different objects of a mathematical and physical nature, and watch him essentially practice and develop his own intuition about things. But as far as quantifying it, we are a ways away.
>>
File: YAGpXPd.png (115KB, 636x440px) Image search: [Google]
YAGpXPd.png
115KB, 636x440px
>>9086721
what about the task of finding a task to complete
>>
>>9086887
Think of it like proteins. How do proteins "know" what to do when they construct an organism? Chemical signaling and the computational procedure defined by DNA taking place in an environment (the womb, the egg). It is the result of a selection process many billions of years old.

With tasks that are to be completed, the environment of selection is the group/community/etc, and the protein is, simplistically, a neural net - an individual human's ideas and experiences. The mathematical community/market place/military designates problems as important, individual humans try their hand at them. And so finding a task to complete has more to do with the environmental demands than the organism (though the ability of the organism is necessary).
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.