[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what math would i use to divide a circle evenly using 2 (or more)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: Untitled.jpg (36KB, 605x412px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
36KB, 605x412px
what math would i use to divide a circle evenly using 2 (or more) lines that do not intersect with each other?
>>
Photshop, count the pixels.
>>
>>9086284

integrals
>>
>>9086285
but i need it evenly in a circle

with 2 lines the outer regions of the circle will have less area than the center region, so the lines have to be spaced unevenly with each other to make it an even area with the circle
>>
>>9086292
Look, do you want my help or not?
>>
>>9086289
is it easy to set up an integral for this?

and how do you get the position to place the line? for instance if we wanted to split it with vertical lines rather than horizontal lines.
>>
File: IMG_0116.jpg (12KB, 370x367px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0116.jpg
12KB, 370x367px
Make two triangles, use one edge from each. You'll have to figure out what degrees to make the points.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (20KB, 220x212px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
20KB, 220x212px
>>9086307
did i do it right?
>>
>>9086284
>Go on blender
>Add > Mesh > Circle
>Select circle
>Press CTRL + R
>Use scroll wheel to select how many divisions you want
>Click twice
Youre welcome :^)
>>
>>9086313
yes, if you delete all lines expect for 2 parralel lines then you have your 3 part circle.
>>
>>9086302

you want it evenly split by area, right?

figure out how big your circle is, take half its area. use the equation for the half-circle and set the integral equal to 1/3 of that area and solve for how far you need to integrate.
>>
>>9086326
how come half-circle?

wouldnt 1/3 of a half circle be 1/6 of a full one?
>>
>>9086326
But if youre just doing that cant you just divide the area of circle by 3?
>>
>>9086329

cause you're only integrating over the semicircle. it's just easier.
>>
>>9086337
using integration to get the area makes sense to me, but i'm still confused how i could get the x or y positions of a line from this
>>
File: geometry problem 2.png (17KB, 776x763px) Image search: [Google]
geometry problem 2.png
17KB, 776x763px
Numerous ways. Here's one.
>>
>>9086348
Oh, sorry forgot to subtract one of the dark blue segments from the purple segment. Also do that.
>>
>>9086284
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circular_segment

Also, by "not intersect", do you mean no intersection inside/on the circle, but outside is ok?

P.S. if an odd # of lines is used (even # of regions), one must go through the center.
>>
>>9086307
Nice one, but OP said 2 or more, this works only from 3 up.
>>
>>9086598
Can you read faggit?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.