[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /sci/, /k/ here. Theoretically, could a makeshift furnace

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: furnace.png (27KB, 611x399px) Image search: [Google]
furnace.png
27KB, 611x399px
Hi /sci/, /k/ here.
Theoretically, could a makeshift furnace designed like pic related get hot enough to melt down or otherwise destroy a handgun?
I need to know for reasons.
>>
>>9083895
Also, if the answer is 'no', how could someone improve the design to fit the requirements with everyday household objects?
>>
Charcoal can get up to 2,700 °C if you have an extremely good furnace. Iron melts at ~1,500 C

So yeah, it's possible.
>>
>>9083915
Thanks. Check Oregon City local news tomorrow morning.
>>
>>9083895
>I need to know for reasons.
Okay lets not beat around the bush here. You want to kill someone and then hide the evidence. That is fine.

I actually like lone wolf attackers when they have a good motive. What is your motive? I want to know. If I like then after you make the news I will support your philosophy and make many threads about how you dindu nuffin and society was at fault.
>>
Are you also the idiot who made a thread on /jp/ asking about a dakimakura?
God you are pathetic.
>>
>>9083915
I don't know who >>9083950 is, but the question was regarding the design of the furnace, not the viability of the charcoal. Would cinderblocks have a great enough coefficient of thermal resistance to reach those temperatures with one layer?
How could I find out?
>>
>>9083895

probably not

The pressure bearing parts are going to be high grade steal. You need a blast furnace.

I've basically done exactly that except I used a hairdryer. I could barely melt copper, and it caused the plaster to degrade because it was so hot.
>>
File: Deeply disgusted.gif (546KB, 266x198px) Image search: [Google]
Deeply disgusted.gif
546KB, 266x198px
>>9083895
>/k/
>Destroying a handgun
>>>9083950
More like /r9k/
>>
>>9083960
i have no qt 2d math gf, only this 3d pig disgusting whore
>>
>>9083895
Just get an acetylene torch. It burns at twice the temp required to melt steel.
>>
File: darkwingduck_v3_tpb_rev_page_16.jpg (392KB, 977x1500px) Image search: [Google]
darkwingduck_v3_tpb_rev_page_16.jpg
392KB, 977x1500px
>>9083895
>be anon
>kil sumbuddy with gnu
>puf-puf
>gootagofast.gif
>puhlis no to be seen
>pehw that was eze.jpg
>start furnace
>manhunt still going on
>police in chopper sees something with IR-cam
>order a patrol to the area
>anon is caught while taking a dump, because it takes time for the furnace to melt fuel beams
>>
>>9084141
Jesus, I thought the gods agreed to smite all the scenes with the Slaughter of Jessi.
>>
>>9083895

/Diy/ has a general for this they will know if and how you can
>>
>>9084261
>>kil sumbuddy with gnu
Free software doesn't kill people.
People kill people.
>>
>>9084254
>>9083895
This anon knows his shit. You can get a cutting torch over the counter at any lawn and garden store that'll let you slag anything. You're more likely to attract the attention of the local police and fire department with a homemade blast furnace than you are to successfully melt good steel.

Stop listening to /diy/. Also, a welding/cutting kit is useful to have around anyway.
>>
>>9084261
>kil sumbuddy with gnu
i always knew FOSS was dangerous
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.