[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Suppose that I have a small, high efficiency solar panel inside

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: is it a sandwich.jpg (66KB, 494x646px) Image search: [Google]
is it a sandwich.jpg
66KB, 494x646px
Suppose that I have a small, high efficiency solar panel inside my house connected to a lightbulb outside the house. The solar panel is powered by ambient light from the window and the interior lighting. I close a switch, allowing the solar panel to power the lightbulb outside the home.

Does the room get colder?
>>
>>9080528

Here is that reply you wanted
>>
>>9080553
I didn't just want replies, I also wanted an answer.

My gut feeling was that the answer would be yes, but imperceptibly so.
>>
The questions is essentially if whether the solar panel absorbs heat right?
>>
File: 1501102572363.jpg (289KB, 980x599px) Image search: [Google]
1501102572363.jpg
289KB, 980x599px
>>9080528
Heat does not equal electricity, so I would say no. The light just goes out eventually.
>>
>>9080590
it was a question about energy conservation, really. if energy from the light was used to generate electricity, that's energy that isn't going to heating up the room, right?
>>
>>9080569
In what way would you possibly think it would get colder?
>>
>>9080607
i was thinking that, say some photon from outside the room has two options: it can land on my floor and put a little bit of heat into the room and then bounce off, or it can hit the solar panel and knock an electron into the circuit

if it does the latter, that's a little bit of energy that isn't being used to heat the room
>>
>>9080528
Solar panels work with electromagnetic radiation, not molecular vibration.

The "heat" in the room will not be "dissipated" through the solar panel.

Though, a small fraction of the em radiation emitted by light bulbs and sunlight coming through the windows will not "heat up" the room as much.

Though, a mirror pointing outwards would be much more efficient at that.
>>
>>9080643
>Though, a small fraction of the em radiation emitted by light bulbs and sunlight coming through the windows will not "heat up" the room as much.
That's what I was thinking, I know the solar panel wouldn't actually suck heat up.
>>
>>9080606
oh, no, not unless you covered the whole room in solar panels. Light makes heat when it's absorbed by things in the room instead of reflected
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.