[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In all seriousness. What is the path to becoming an uebermensch/polymath

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 1501422060653.jpg (115KB, 750x663px) Image search: [Google]
1501422060653.jpg
115KB, 750x663px
In all seriousness.

What is the path to becoming an uebermensch/polymath in modern days?

A day has 24h. With a part time job, a social life (gf, family, etc) and a degree to attain how (+ interests )how would one go on about all that and still excel?
>>
Read actual books
>>
>>9078740
the knowledge required to be a top performer in any field is way too more complex anything in renaissance times.

Most of the shit we learn in high school and in just one bachelor today is more advanced than what genius back then could develop.

Those days are over.

you can still be a well read person in a vide field of interests, since that takes just to read some books.
>>
>>9078740
you make it sound like all those barriers were not present during the earlier times in history. If anything, they had more working against them with things like disease, malnutrition, and war. Their distractions were usually life threatening, ours are just manufactured
>>
>a social life (gf, family, etc)
Confirmed for never gonna make it if you keep believing in work-life balance meme.
>>
>>9078740
That sleep cycle where you take a 20 minute nap every 4 hours or something would increase the time you have to produce in a day.

I agree with >>9078758
unless you were a genius, but if you had the capacity to do so, I think it would be more effective to be ahead of the curve and innovate something new entirely, rather than trying to excel where all the low hanging fruit have already been picked. I don't have any topics on that worth mentioning, because if I did, then I would be rich/famous already.
>>
memantine
>>
>>9078740

Look, in the High Middle Ages all it took to be hailed as a man of great insight was observing that one should not eat ones own shit.

There's a lot more to it now.
>>
>>9078740
Increase your reading speed and have good retention.

I think the more time you spend learning and the less time you spend doing other things helps a great deal.

Übung macht den Meister.

Remember that those "Renaissance men" did not have the internet, only the next-best thing: personal libraries.

If there was a formula to being creative, it really wouldn't be creativity.
>>
>>9078740
I don't think it's possible in the 21st century. The best you can hope for is to have a broad mastery over a single field. Take the mighty Chi Shen, he was doing calculus when most of us were learning how to add/subtract, and he is only a master of math (his broad mastery of this field is considered extremely impressive). So the first step on the path to becoming ubermensch is be born cognitively superior. If that isn't you, you better become content with the fact that you might only be able to make contributions to one field.
>>
>>9078758
You're an idiot, and I'm not at all surprised you're using a name to post. Dumb faggot.
>>
>>9078740
I've been trying to get Ritalin
>>
>>9079702
Refute him then, dumb cunt.
>>
Read a book about something you want to know about, OP. That's how people learn and become good at things. It will give you something to talk about when around other people, and that will make them like you.

That being said, most fiction should probably be avoided. Not all literature is created equal, and you're better off reading something with information about the real world.

>worried about time
Don't go to grad school if you want to have free time.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.