[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>high school calculus >brainlet teacher >"taking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: 4b6.jpg (13KB, 600x515px) Image search: [Google]
4b6.jpg
13KB, 600x515px
>high school calculus
>brainlet teacher
>"taking the derivative means multiplying by the exponent and decreasing the exponent by 1"
>"integration is just the opposite, but don't forget the plus C :^)"
>>
Most high school students don't care about the actual reasoning and why they do when they do. They just want to know how to do it for the test. The teacher just doesn't want to waste their breath on something no one's going to listen to
>>
Whats wrong with that?
Seems decent for a high school course
>>
>>9078088
t. American brainlet
>>
>>9078079
>engineering calculus
>engineering teacher
>"taking the derivative means multiplying by the exponent and decreasing the exponent by 1"
ftfy
>>
>>9078112
What's with these brainlets trying to fit in with sci shitting on engineering

When you're on this level of math, both majors learn from exactly the same teachers
>>
>calculus for business
>brainlet teacher
>>
>>9078079
>Limits
>Definition of derivative
>Derivative rules
>Applications of the derivative
>Definition of the integral
>Fundamental theorem of calculus
>Anti-derivative rules and definite integrals
>Applications of the integral
That is a first-semester calculus class, high school or otherwise. If your teacher can create 16 weeks of coursework from the power rule for derivatives and anti-derivatives, I am impressed. Get an A in this piss-easy course and take calculus again when you enroll in uni.
If your syllabus looks similar to the outline I posted, you are probably obsessing over the rules for derivatives and anti-derivatives. Drink the kool-aid and learn how to use them. You will need them for cal II, multivariate cal, and ODE.
>>
>>9078094
Even if it is simplistic, it isnt really wrong. We are talking about HS calculus, which is a meme anyway
That's not really relevant but I am french.
>>
File: super_duper_thin.png (146KB, 1390x1000px) Image search: [Google]
super_duper_thin.png
146KB, 1390x1000px
>>9078079

> be brainlet PhD student at Princeton
> be doing PhD in algebraic number theory under Fields medalist
> advisor explains how to prove theorem
> write paper
> have to expand it into a 100 page PhD thesis
> explain basic integrals as "funky sums" of rectangles that are "super duper thin"
> mfw still got tenure
>>
>>9078129
This. A lot of people on here fail to recognize that undergraduate education is mostly homogeneous. If your calculus course is taught by a qualified instructor at a regionally accredited school, it will be recognized by 99% of the colleges in the US because it is nearly identical to the undergraduate calculus course they offer.
Calc I and II are the college-level equivalent of the algebra and geometry courses you take in high school.
>>
>>9078193
Source?
>>
>>9078251
http://www.theliberatedmathematician.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/PiperThesisPostPrint.pdf
>>
>>9078193
>>9078284
http://takimag.com/article/1_1_youre_a_racist_jim_goad/print#axzz4oXNkR8FC
too bad she's retarded
>>
>"times it by the exponent xD"
>>
>>9078470

This article is not rigorous in its arguments, it can safely be ignored
>>
File: 1500705279869.png (64KB, 735x708px) Image search: [Google]
1500705279869.png
64KB, 735x708px
>>9078193
WE WUZ
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.