[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've been in a relationship with a girl for a while but

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: mte5ntu2mze2mjy4njkzmdaz.jpg (127KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
mte5ntu2mze2mjy4njkzmdaz.jpg
127KB, 1200x1200px
I've been in a relationship with a girl for a while but she suddenly told me she doesn't feel the same way how she did before and doesn't like me romantically anymore. It feels very sudden and has been an emotion she must have been holding up before hand. Although she's said this, she says she doesn't like anyone else and doesn't want to be in a relationship with anyone else. How does this happen? For someone to just stop liking you out of the blue but not have a ulterior motive, is there a psychological explanation for this?
You'd think you only stop loving your former partner when you've been seeing a different one, or have an eye on somebody else.
>>
>>9078005
chad flirted with her and she is making sure her options are open.
>>
>>9078005
>>>/adv/
There is appeal in being single. She got bored of you or realized you're not the kind of person she wants to be with. You figure that out as you go.
>>
>>9078005
No OP. People don't change. You have the same preferences you had when you were 18 I'm sure.
>>
>>9078005
Humans aren't monogamous. That's really the only explanation.

You can try to do things that might help you both re-bond (i.e. cuddling, fucking, etc), but this is probably the end of the line. Take note:
1. It probably wasn't anything personal
2. This is why it is said that successful, long-term relationships take dedication. They wouldn't need dedication if you just felt in-love the whole time.
3. It's unclear whether you two are still together, but if you aren't, take comfort in the fact that it probably would have never worked out, anyway
>>
People fall in and out of love all the time. It takes a lot of effort to maintain a relationship for a long time, and also this >>9078013.
>>
>>9078021
>>9078022
>>9078013
>>9078017
Best advice i've ever been told,
thanks /sci/entists.

>This is why it is said that successful, long-term relationships take dedication. They wouldn't need dedication if you just felt in-love the whole time

That's interesting, but then , what is love if Human's aren't monogamous?
>>
>>9078032
baby don't hurt me
>>
>>9078032
>That's interesting, but then , what is love if Human's aren't monogamous?

Something incredibly romanticized by stories and media. It follows a pretty simple theme present in all impossible human desires:
impossibe desire = (something good) + (lasting forever)
>>
>>9078032
>what is love if Human's aren't monogamous?
It's a strong emotion with the potential of giving life meaning, but it can also be discarded like a used tissue after sex.
It's all up to the people involved.
>>
>>9078047
>impossibe desire = (something good) + (lasting forever)
Nah, good love is when you find someone you like for sex AND for things which you actually care about.
I'd say it would be like fucking your best friend.
>>
>>9078005
The one time I broke up with someone I gave them this exact excuse. That it was nothing.

The truth in my case was that I had gotten bored of sex with her and I wanted to fuck other people, but I could not bring myself to cheat on her so I decided to break up first. So your gf right now may be getting some vitamin D.
>>
>>9078052
That's precisely what I'm saying, though. In culture and media (and, according to human desires formed from those things), we want that in-love state to last between people forever, except it doesn't. The best you get is like what you said, a best bud who fucks well (which isn't bad, mind you, but isn't the same as permanent in-love feelings)
>>
>>9078005
>It feels very sudden and has been an emotion she must have been holding up before hand.
Yeah, its got nothing to do with the other rich guy she wants to leech off of.
>>
File: IMG_1190.jpg (55KB, 400x450px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1190.jpg
55KB, 400x450px
Normie media came up with something called "sudden repulsion syndrome" a while ago, but I don't think it ever made it to actual science.
>>
>>9078005
Brain builds tolerance to oxytocin and/or oheromones
>>
>>9078005
what are her initials, op?
>>
>>9078005
I think this is a copypasta
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.