[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If we were to restart the universe from the very beginning with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 3dc.jpg (274KB, 2048x2043px) Image search: [Google]
3dc.jpg
274KB, 2048x2043px
If we were to restart the universe from the very beginning with the exact same base parameters and then let everything unfold naturally, would everything happen the exact same way, or are there some "events" which might depend on some probability that could be different ?
I'm talking about every single event, from every star and planet creation and positioning to every human interaction, even every human thought.
>>
>>9077829
No, you still wouldn't get a gf
Yes, your mother would still not love you
Some things are physically impossible, doesn't matter how often you try
>>
>>9077829
How could anyone possibly know the answer to this?
>>
>>9077846
In the end, it doesn't even matter....
>>
No, I might do things differently, depending on my mood.

t. god
>>
>>9077829
since the outcome of events at the quantum level are probabilistic it stands to reason that there would be differences.
>>
>>9077829
Things would be different since reality probably works in a probabilistic way. Then again, maybe the universe constantly diverges in a way such that all of these event happen in parallel universes, so by re-starting it all, you would probably just create a similar set of universes (with all the various outcomes) -just like what might exist right now.
>>
>>9077829
>is the world deterministic
yes

move on, next question
>>
Either yes, it would unfold the same way, or no, phenomena are inherently unpredictable and a core axiom of scientific thought is shattered. Everything we've ever discovered or studied has been inherently deterministic, aside from quantum physics, and thats fairly new.
>>
>>9078018
Don't be fooled, quantum physics is deterministic, too, just not intuitive. People that subscribe to quantum mysticism are retards.
>>
>>9077979
Why are you combining double slit interpretations into determinism?
>>
>>9078055
I didn't mean to imply QM wasn't deterministic, just that it's usually the physical mechanism to which people ascribe randomness
>>
>>9077970
But I thought you didn't feel emotions, that's why you need people to hate you so you can send them into oblivion?
>>
>>9077829
We need a /phil/ board. This is not something science can address, since the experiment is impossible to run.
>>
>>9077829
if there are infinite universes, would they switch places? would you go left instead of right and not get hit by a car this time?
if there is one universe, would you still post this thread and be a faggot?
probably
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.