[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

daily reminder that you can't support multiverse theory

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: pepe memes21.jpg (52KB, 440x440px) Image search: [Google]
pepe memes21.jpg
52KB, 440x440px
daily reminder that you can't support multiverse theory AND be against free will
>>
I oppose the multiverse stupidity AND am for free will.
>>
File: says who brainlet.jpg (108KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
says who brainlet.jpg
108KB, 1920x1080px
How does it feel being BTFO by a cartoon, OP?
>>
File: 1482904902705.jpg (32KB, 615x409px) Image search: [Google]
1482904902705.jpg
32KB, 615x409px
8 years
>>
>>9077528
Unless you are saying that universes branch out not as the result of QM but because of decisions of conscious beings, I don't see why the multiverse theory proves free will.
>>
Both are memes that will be laughed at hysterically in 50 years. Screenshot this.
>>
>>9077528
What the fuck is the "free will" meme?

If the universe is deterministic then we have no free will? Can free will only exist if what we choose to do is unpredictable with any kind of structured logic? Shit's retarded.
>>
>>9077595
>multiverse
>deterministic
you can't have both. But I will say that non-deterministic universe does not imply free will
>>
>>9077599
>you can't have both.
uh.. of course you can.

If you mean the quantum many worlds multiverse, then that's completely deterministic.
>>
>>9077528
I'm tired of people confusing the multiverse theory with many-worlds. The multiverse theory can be tested, as it *may* be responsible for some phenomena in our universe. Many-worlds is unfalsible trash written by faggots who want to imagine there's a universe where their parents loved them. There's not going to be a universe where Lee Harvey Oswald decides to not kill Kennedy on the eve of the assassination or a universe where Hitler got into art school or a universe where you managed to ask that girl you like out. That would break causality. We have no control over our actions and responses. And god knows that if there was something that did split the universe into two continuities, it would have to be much more important than any changes to a human life
>>
>>9078670
how do you falsify multiverse?
>>
>>9078694
im not that anon but there's a lot of still unexplained phenomena mathematically in our universe that could be explained by things like "dark matter" or the multiverse theory

like things we should be seeing that we don't, or vice versa
>>
File: 1475966855454.gif (2MB, 400x232px) Image search: [Google]
1475966855454.gif
2MB, 400x232px
>>9077595
>What the fuck is the "free will" meme?

Philosophy trying to catch up to science, as usual.
>>
>>9077528
no

our brains would still be machines and the output could be determined by the output, unless quantummechanical processes would happen in our brain
>>
>>9078670
>The multiverse theory can be tested

/sci/ is kill.
>>
>>9078883
Both probably are not true but if you could prove them, you would be more likely to physically prove the multiverse than to prove MWI.
>>9078782
Science is philosophy.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.