[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>there are brainlets who shill for Sal "The khan/conman"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: sal2.jpg (20KB, 200x267px) Image search: [Google]
sal2.jpg
20KB, 200x267px
>there are brainlets who shill for Sal "The khan/conman" Khan
>>
>>9077332

His website sucks balls unless you are 12
>>
His website is good
>>
>>9077332
>budget david schwimmer
>>
His website is for pooinloos whos only other option is to learn from their poo-in-loo-tier professor
>>
I learned probability on his website. Something no teacher or professor has ever taught me.
>>
>>9077592
Objectively False by all accounts
>>
>>9077332
I literally passed my math class in college because of his videos. He's a better teacher than any professor I ever had.
>>
>>9077332
His videos are good for getting you more comfortable with the general idea of a subject or the "intuition", as he calls it.
Still, it's not rigorous enough, so you aren't really going to learn the subject if you only watch his videos and don't dive in a textbook.
>>
>>9077332
I don't get the criticism, KA is does it's job pretty well, at least for basic maths.

Since high school, I have learned that I prefer learning from textbooks, so I can't really say whether his calculus or linear algebra stuff (or anything else relatively 'advanced') is good compared to a textbook on the subject.
>>
>>9077332
3 blue 1 brown ftw
>>
>>9078029
His calculus videos are really good, but not linear algebra. He focus way too much on the geometric interpretation and usually he does not state definitions, theorems, etc. rigorously, nor does he prove them.
>>
>>9078046
Yeah well if you need that you go for textbooks.
That shit was not created for that anyway.
I assume that its targeted for HS/Collage folk that needs a quick rundown of the subject anyway.
>>
>>9077996
Please grace us with the stories of community college pre-calc
>>
>>9077332
>BLACK SCREEN
>scruffling of mic sound
Well hello there, today we are going to be learning about Pythagoras.
>voice sounds like he stuck the mic down his throat
Well actually we're not going to be learning about Pythagoras, Pythagoras was a bit of a weird dude, but we're not here to talk about him.
>violently shaking his cursor back and for as he decides what to write
Ok-well-umm-ok-well let's just, how about you just imagine a very general broad case. Imagine we just had "a"
>cursor nervously shakes back and forth
>he finally writes down "a" after a lot of hesitant motion of his cursor
Well you see, we can't represent a triangle with "a" because it wouldn't be enough information. Hopefully you have an intuitive understanding of this. So we can deduce that we need another letter here. Well actually but first let me change this color just to be consistent
>erases "a"
>rewrites "a" in neon blue
Ok-well-um-actually let's do this
>erases it again
>rewrites "a" in green
Ok that's better. Anyway, we will talk more about the Pythagorean theorem in the next video, but hopefully you have an intuitive sense so far about the basics of it work.
>>
>>9078071
I watch his videos in 2x speed mode. I can't stand his color changing decisions.
>>
File: ray-romano-casting-call[1].jpg (236KB, 2048x1315px) Image search: [Google]
ray-romano-casting-call[1].jpg
236KB, 2048x1315px
>>9077332
no love for sal khan ?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.