[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Redpill me on time. Does it physically exist? Can it be manipulated

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: 1388182168912.jpg (964KB, 1300x703px) Image search: [Google]
1388182168912.jpg
964KB, 1300x703px
Redpill me on time. Does it physically exist? Can it be manipulated by human beings? Does it move from past to present to future or can it bend to an alternate direction?
>>
>>9072846
Time does not actually exist. Most popsci-loved mainstream theories are based on time existing. Meaning they are completely incorrect. They base themselves on a flawed concept.
>>
>>9072846
TIME is just a frequency of our universe in which all matter that occupy our universe can change state and/or interact. The "realness" comes from the records of these interaction. Think Simon Says. If TIME was indeed just another real thing then it means that from certain perspective you'd be able to see all a collection of matters state from TIME's one times end to another (a tapes one end to another). Since TIME is not real, what is going to happen at the next tick; we, as a human being, have choices. Otherwise both history and future has already happened and we can't do anything about it. See my point? If not I can draw up some diagrams and create a video or something.
>>
>>9072846
The passage of time is just entropy observed.
>>
Imagine four balls on the edge of a cliff. Say a direct copy of the ball nearest the cliff is sent to the back of the line of balls and takes the place of the first ball. The formerly first ball becomes the second, the second becomes the third, and the fourth falls off the cliff.

Time works the same way.
>>
>>9072846
That picture is inaccurate dinosaurs were covered with feathers.
>>
>>9073126
>Guys... what is X?
>X = Y + 3
>Okay... but what is Y?
>Y = Z + 1
>Uh what? Well what is Z then?
>No idea. But at least I definitely know what X and Y are.

>Guys... what is TIME?
>TIME = "entropy observed"
>Okay... but what is "entropy observed"?
>"entropy observed" = "states change to become more disordered"
>Uh what? Well what is "states change to become more disordered" then?
>No idea. But at least I definitely know what time and entropy are.
>>
>>9073347
Not feathers, proto-feathers, and only some and only in some places.
>>
>>9073126
>put a single particle in isolated box
>time doesn't exist
>>
>>9073414
>isolated box

found your error
of course there is a boundary that is exchanging information with the surroundings
that information eventually reaches the particle then
>>
>>9073419
I said isolated. Whole idea that the concept of time is dependent on some undefined surrounding doesn't even make sense.
>>
>>9073419
>eventually
you mean after some time has passed?
>>
>>9072846
>have something
>that something changes
there you have it folks, time!
>>
If there is a God, he has existed for eternity. Thus, an eternity of time or timelessness passed before the Big Bang, and time continues it's arrow onward into infinity.
>>
>>9073445
>God, he has existed for eternity
the magic wizard in the sky did everything
>>
>>9072846
it's probably impossible to understand while being in it
>>
particles are probably elongated lines through the time dimension, so if anything goes back or forth along this time dimension, it collides or interacts with that part of the line

or else, they exist at all points of times before anything happens, ... uh time is just a ratio of meters to light-seconds. the problem is that if they're elongated, if you somehow rotate that trajectory through supposedly indistinguishable time and space dimensions, you will see a streak. so if a particle is travelling through fast through space that it is stopped in time in one dimension, other particles will see a long streak of it, if there is nothing slowing it down from its high speed.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.