[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on Andrew Ng? Machine Learning is the future in my eyes.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: batman-bane-for-you.jpg (137KB, 1720x1147px) Image search: [Google]
batman-bane-for-you.jpg
137KB, 1720x1147px
Thoughts on Andrew Ng? Machine Learning is the future in my eyes. Us mortals are incapable of comprehending the IoT.
>>
He managed to position himself as a leader in Deep Learning despite not really contributing anything in terms of research.
>>
File: helperchips.png (32KB, 1172x675px) Image search: [Google]
helperchips.png
32KB, 1172x675px
humans will be surpassed by their own creations at some point, though it is a long way off
>>
>>9072140
Isnt the idea of the singularity that machine learning will suddenly take off and increase exponentially? So really were just waiting for a big leap in ai.
>>
>>9072074
The internet of things is a complete fucking meme, on par with how common 1980s people thought jet packs would be now, or 3d televisions. Its going to exist mind you, but its going to fizzle out when people realize they dont need an internet connected faucet. The internet of things will be comprised of appliances, light bulbs, etc., manufactured from now until about 2020. After that it will fizzle out and die with the exception of self driving cars and, a few household appliances like refrigerators, just so the government can spy on you.
>>
>>9072216
Im more interested in the vast amount of scientific data that can be studied. Noone can realistically read every chemistry experiment produced in 2016 and fully comprehend all that information. Thats why we need algorithms that scan papers and charts to mine the significant portions. That is realistic. Whats unrealistic as of today is algorithms that form hunches, ideas, and hypothesis based on data given.
>>
>>9072173
it is wrong, technology follows random sigmoid curves depending on what the laws of physics allow, for example the progress in jumbo jets from 1917 to 1967 to 2017, for all we know there might not be another big revolution like computing for decades, I think it is likely we might discover something "big", like some breakthrough in nanotechnology or some other field in the "primordial soup" stage, though you would have to be a leading scientist in that field to have a clear view through all the huxters trying to sell you something and scifi fans

genetics is chugging along and has yet to pan out, you can speed up the process by getting behind good wholesome biotech corps like monsanto and big pharma
>>
>>9072233
Currently working on applying T-sne to some ncbi files. Programming is stupid tho so Im chugging along at 2 mph
>>
>>9072264
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJVL80Gg3lA
watch the tech talk by it's inventor. i plan on visualising some of the stuff occurring in my neural net controllers layer soon.
>>
>>9072140
>humans will be surpassed by their own creations at some point
What do you mean? We are surpassed by all of our creations. That's the point of creating them, a firearm gives you far more combative capability, it gives you something you could never have naturally.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.