[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If people lived on Mars without any artificial gravity, how would

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: mcdc7_marfan_measuring-8col.jpg (85KB, 632x325px) Image search: [Google]
mcdc7_marfan_measuring-8col.jpg
85KB, 632x325px
If people lived on Mars without any artificial gravity, how would their bodies change?

Supposedly, we're taller in the mornings due to decompression of the spine as we lie flat.
And then there are those African women with elongated necks, because they were made to wear more and more neck-rings while growing up. We're not made to fit a precise genetic plan; we can be changed to fit a mold, within certain limits.

With that in mind, would Martian gravity lead to giant or elongated humans, assuming we could have normal pregnancies or even sperm motility under martian gravity?
>>
>>9072002
0.4g is a lot better than 0g

an 80kg person would still weigh 32kg
>>
>>9072002
Theres a documentary about people who actually grew up on Mars. It's called The Expanse. I didn't even know anyone lived there.
>>
>>9072057
Tell me what you think a documentary is.
>>
>>9072002
Re: the women with elongated necks, their torso becomes compressed in the process so they don't actually gain any height.
>>
>>9072002
>how would their bodies change?

Long term VIIPs, bone density reduction, etc. Same thing as in space only much slower. Though it will be a curve. We don't know where that tipping point is where the body can keep up with the problem before the problem starts to decline the health of the body. It will be far worse for babies and infants than for older adults.

Being shorter or taller has nothing to do with gravity. It is other environmental pressures and sexual selection. Giantism in humans is bad simply because of the amount of area the heart needs to pump blood and the problem with the rest of the systems trying to keep up with so much biomass. The same problems occur in super obese people. Less gravity won't help either all that much in the end.
>>
>>9072124
A show that records things happening. Like a documentary about lions in africa that goes and records lions in africa. The Expanse is cool because they record these people who live on Mars, there is even this one police officer who lives on a space station. I didn't know about any of that stuff until I saw the show. I want to move to Mars now.
>>
>>9072240
>>9072057
>>
File: 1491534681257.png (785KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1491534681257.png
785KB, 1080x1080px
>>9072057
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.