[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

There are more bacteria in these 5 probiotic capsules than human

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_20170728_122713.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170728_122713.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
There are more bacteria in these 5 probiotic capsules than human beings on Earth.

What would happen if I took an entire bottle of probiotic (90 billion bacteria) at once?
>>
Literally nothing

Probiotics is a marketing scam, prove me wrong
>>
I have no idea. Do it and document the results.
>>
>>9069460
>not going to your chiropractor to buy probiotics and vitamin supplements

ha, enjoy your short life, pleb

now if you'll excuse me, I need to go to my faith healing group prayer to get my cancer cured
>>
File: 334535345.png (37KB, 1127x685px) Image search: [Google]
334535345.png
37KB, 1127x685px
>>9069460
I-I cant
>>
>>9069460
why do you think that? it seems like a reasonable idea to me that cultivating a strong internal ecosystem would do better at crowding out viruses than leaving a barren environment for them to colonize. better than creating antibiotic resistant diseases for sure.
>>
>>9069640
nope! your body already has a pretty stable ecosystem, I seriously can't imagine it having a significant or lasting effect... i'd like to see a scientific paper on if the bacteria in the capsule have established colonies and how long they stay their before the regular bacteria take back over, also if there are any benefits in a double blind study.

i'm gonna look it up now actually.
>>
>>9069640
Do you even know what you are talking about? Also the evidence for probiotics is lacking.
>>
I eat probiotic yogurt because at least then I'm certain I've enjoyed the taste, even if I'm not certain it's done anything for my health
>>
>>9069647
not really but I don't see you explaining why probiotics don't work besides something about evidence being lacking, which says nothing at all. I'm willing to hear whatever you have to say so long as it makes sense.
>>9069646
I think there are a lot of ways to fuck over your body's gut bacteria but I could buy that it wouldn't have a long-lasting effect. interested to learn if you find anything.
>>
>>9069646
How do you know? Doctors are giving people pills with frozen poop in them to help with their gut bacteria.
>>
>>9069460
fucking kek
>>
>>9069457
You'd be able to shit through a screen door without leaving a mark for the next 6 hours.
>>
>>9069457
I'm going to guess that worst case scenario you get diarrhea
>>
File: autoImmune.jpg (437KB, 799x766px) Image search: [Google]
autoImmune.jpg
437KB, 799x766px
>>9069460
>Probiotics is a marketing scam, prove me wrong
seriously anon?
>Important characteristics of probiotic bacteria include their abilities to suppress the proliferation and virulence of pathogenic organisms.
>A primary antimicrobial compound produced by L. reuteri, reuterin, lacks a peptide or protein component and is produced during glycerol fermentation. Reuterin, a β-hydroxypropionaldehyde (3-HPA) derivative of glycerol, is produced under anaerobic conditions and exhibits broad spectrum effects against gram-positive and gram-negative bacteria [9] as well as fungi, yeasts and protozoa [10]. The broad-spectrum antimicrobial activity of L. reuteri has been considered an important feature conferring therapeutic potential for the prevention or treatment of infections
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2494590/

How about links between gut bacteria and the brain?
Did you know many precursors to neurochemicals such as GABA are produced by bacteria in the gut?

>Scientists are finding increasing evidence that the stomach and the brain are linked via microbes and the immune system. Researchers from the Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich in Germany have found that inducing strokes in mice altered the animals’ gut microbiota, triggering an immune response that traveled back to the brain and worsened the severity of the lesions. When the researchers transplanted fecal bacteria from healthy mice into germ-free rodents that had suffered strokes, the latter animals made a better recovery than mice that didn’t receive the healthy bacteria, the researchers reported this week (July 12) in The Journal of Neuroscience.
http://www.the-scientist.com/?articles.view/articleNo/46557/title/Stroke-Alters-Gut-Microbiome--Impacting-Recovery/
>>
File: colonic crypt.png (179KB, 459x475px) Image search: [Google]
colonic crypt.png
179KB, 459x475px
>>9070400
i got another one for you, had to read this in capstone, was really interesting for me
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5026192/
>>
>>9069457
>What would happen if I took an entire bottle of probiotic (90 billion bacteria) at once?

here's one persons report
https://selfhacked.com/blog/experience-megadosing-probiotics/

I'm currently mega dosing on L. Reuteri to halt the progression of Hashimoto's thyroiditis and Latent Autoimmune Diabetes in Adults.
>mfw my own body is destroying my thyroid and parts of my pancreas
I got a pure culture of DSM17938 and use it to inoculate whole milk then culture it and then eat about 1/2 cup twice a day.
It seems to be working, but there isn't any reliable way to measure how active the autoimmune destruction is at any given time.

>. Gut microbial dysbiosis can lead to autoimmune diseases, including IBD, autoimmune arthritis, type I diabetes, and experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis
https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Yuying_Liu2/publication/311792087_Resetting_microbiota_by_Lactobacillus_reuteri_inhibits_T_reg_deficiency-induced_autoimmunity_via_adenosine_A2A_receptors/links/585d561108aebf17d38a3279/Resetting-microbiota-by-Lactobacillus-reuteri-inhibits-T-reg-deficiency-induced-autoimmunity-via-adenosine-A2A-receptors.pdf
>>
File: uveitis.jpg (80KB, 296x500px) Image search: [Google]
uveitis.jpg
80KB, 296x500px
>>9070409
here's a good one
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26287682
>>
File: God_18ebe6_6308267.jpg (26KB, 640x566px) Image search: [Google]
God_18ebe6_6308267.jpg
26KB, 640x566px
>>9069659
>I don't see you explaining why probiotics don't work besides something about evidence being lacking, which says nothing at all.
>lol nice try buddy but unless you can describe a mechanism through which something -doesn't- happen, you just have to accept that it does
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.