[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Absolute pitch might be achievable by any human being du

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: ErdosTao_Main.jpg (284KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
ErdosTao_Main.jpg
284KB, 600x400px
>Absolute pitch might be achievable by any human being during a critical period of auditory development,[56][57] after which period cognitive strategies favor global and relational processing.

>There may be a genetic locus for absolute pitch ability,[64][65] which locus would suggest a genetic basis for its presence or absence.

>However, no adult has ever been documented to have acquired absolute listening ability, [...]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Absolute_pitch#Nature_vs._nurture

What are the chances that a similar phenomenon might occur with mathematics?
Am I forever stuck in brainletism?
>>
The existence of a genius gene seems like science fiction. In reality you may encounter gifted individuals with an acute ability for the abstract or mental computations just like there are children born each year who can draw like a master at the age of 5 or reach the strength of an adult at the age of 12. A more objective though snooty way to quantify abstract reasoning is their success in mathematics, but relatively speaking then all working mathematicians would be said to have this "genius gene" if it existed. You are forced to take one of three conclusions, realize your perception of this phenomenon has wholly been influenced by what talented individual happens to be famous and cannot be measured normally, realize the quantity of modern mathematicians at the research level suggests it is possible, even probably for a student that is accomodated to learning abstractions at an introductory level to continue his career, or understand your potential obsession with brainletism is not ironically all in your head and you are faced with insecurities of your own failure due to constantly comparing yourself to those with more gimmicks
>>
>>9069171
Please use paragraphs and write shorter periods.
>The existence of a genius gene seems like science fiction.
Movies cannot show what is going on inside the head of the mathematician or how his brain is arranged.
Normal people can listen to notes but cannot label them; there's no pathway between the collections of cells that listen to the note and the label.
Similarly, the Genius might have unique but more subtle abilities.
>>
>>9069154
Pretty sure Sheldon has absolute pitch. Their show employs the smartest science advisors available so.... fuck off.
>>
Bumperino.
>>
>>9069268
The BBT has pretty good research desu. The show itself is dogshit.
>>
>"When I see equations, I see the letters in colors – I don't know why. As I'm talking, I see vague pictures of Bessel functions from Jahnke and Emde's book, with light-tan j's, slightly violet-bluish n's, and dark brown x's flying around. And I wonder what the hell it must look like to the students."

>—From Richard Feynman, p. 59.[17]

Wiki.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.