[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are engineers and mathematicians the least well rounded in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: 270.jpg (79KB, 500x460px) Image search: [Google]
270.jpg
79KB, 500x460px
Why are engineers and mathematicians the least well rounded in the field of science?

They seem, like savants, to excel at one thing, and be terribly naive towards every other field of study.

How is this possible?
>>
File: 1482053111735.jpg (237KB, 1179x1461px) Image search: [Google]
1482053111735.jpg
237KB, 1179x1461px
Mathematicians don't need to give a damn about science unless they want. It's science that needs math, not the other way around.
>>
>>9069138
This.
>>
>>9069135
The fuck are you talking about? Engineers are one of the most employed outside their fields.
>>
>>9069207
>Engineers are one of the most employed outside their fields.
literally this.
engineers are gods among the non-college educated with a set of easily generalizable skills to solve any problem. Not having a detailed knowledge about microbiology or whatever isn't a problem either because engineers are masters of finding the information they need to solve the problem.

that's why /sci is so jealous of engineers and constantly makes hate threads about them. Meanwhile the engineers are all laughing and getting shit done.
>>
>>9069138

>scientific phenomena have never inspired new developments in math
>>
>>9069135
>Engineers
>Ever coming close to Arch-Wizard stats

Brainlet please...
>>
>>9069135
Autists always existed, they would have become some sort of artisan in the past. Universal education got them into the STEM pipeline instead.

I once spent a full year making piping insulation packages for a plant construction project, double checking every detail on the drawing and cross referencing multiple standards. The sad thing is I didn't mind it that much, most days I actually enjoyed it.
>>
>>9069135
It's like doing a lot of weightlifting to be strong but still being terrible a sports.
>>
>>9069239
>no example
>>
>>9069138
Ego is off the charts today
>>
>>9069135
>Why are engineers and mathematicians the least well rounded in the field of science?
[CITATION NEEDED]
>>
>>9069135
Because STEM is a shitty money-making scheme. You think they give a fuck about any other field when they think their field will make them rich Chads?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.