[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If the universe is expanding against gravity where is it getting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: bang.jpg (22KB, 620x349px) Image search: [Google]
bang.jpg
22KB, 620x349px
If the universe is expanding against gravity where is it getting the energy to expand from?
>>
>>9068466
I thought it was the energy from the big bang? Curious as well now. Not a science guy but stumbled on the board.
>>
>>9068466
it's paying energy... the universe is cooling
>>
>>9068549
The universe's cooling is a result of expansion not the cause.
>>
>>9068466
>where is it getting the energy to expand from?
>brainlets
>>
>>9068466
http://youtu.be/IcxptIJS7kQ?t=33m
>>
Natural state of spacetime is inflation. It's figured that beyond our bubble of stable space, it's nothing but rapidly expanding space and some other universal bubbles that have formed from this sea. This ties into the Big Rip. When the rate of expansion of a universe is so great that you get to the quark level, the amount of energy needed in one place to split a quark is so great that it creates 2 more quarks. Energy is converted to matter. Dark energy is constantly being created, but once it reaches that point, a big bang happens and dark energy is drained into the creation of new matter. Every quark can theoretically become the seed of a new universe.
>>
>>9068466
Space
>>
>>9068466
>not being subscribed to PBS Space Time
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZTb6sfHEX8&index=1&list=PLsPUh22kYmNA6WUmOsEEi32zi_RdSUF4i
>>
>>9068820
Lately the show has been a bit too simple for me. The host keeps things slow and simple. While this is nice for some people, I like it better when they were doing really complicated stuff. Like that multipart series where the previous host would discuss geodesics, dimensions, and such.
>>
File: Flower-Life.jpg (210KB, 700x467px) Image search: [Google]
Flower-Life.jpg
210KB, 700x467px
>>9068466

Pretend the middle is "God".
The petals are the multi-verses.
>>
>>9069117
Now think of each petal in 3d.
You are inside a petal that is just opening. (Upcone)
>>
File: 48d3cd1fc86b4_58244b.jpg (74KB, 397x550px) Image search: [Google]
48d3cd1fc86b4_58244b.jpg
74KB, 397x550px
>>9068466
Ayy Lmao~
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.