[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Make a few million of these >Hook them up to generators

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

>Make a few million of these
>Hook them up to generators
>Infinite clean energy

How/why would this not be possible?
>>
>>9066638
They would cancel each other out. Also, anything using a magnet would eventually wear the magnet out.
>>
>>9066642
How would they cancel each other out?
>>
>>9066649
Because they do
>>
>>9066649
Try it with some cheap magnets and see for yourself.
>>
>>9066656
The ferrous magnetism is a trait of the metal, like gold looking gold coloured - why would it deprecate? If so why not just get more magnets?

Also I see no logical reason why this machine wouldn't work with powerful magnets. Maybe if one magnet was a little stronger than the other they wouldn't cancel out?
>>
>>9066662
If the magnets weren't attached it would work but magnets can wear out and lose their magnetism, not infinite energy, but seriously its a good experiment. Set this up on a small fan at home and test it. It's the best way to prove it.
>>
>>9066638
It just needs some subsidy and we finally have 100% clean energy thanks to a shitpost on 4chan.
>>
shut it down boys op solved energy crisis
>>
The magnet pulls on the metal as hard as the metal pulls on the magnet. Newton's third law.
>>
Good ol troll physics
>>
What if you put a magnet on a pole then have one of the opposite polarity on the fan blade so it pushes it?
>>
>>9066884
And we have a winner
/thread
>>
>>9066884
If the fan can only go one way would that make any difference?
>>
>>9066995
great you have three forces, two of them cancel out, and the other is a normal force
>>
>>9066649
>How would they cancel each other out?
Flawlessly.
>>
File: 1289837147988.jpg (41KB, 492x428px) Image search: [Google]
1289837147988.jpg
41KB, 492x428px
>>9066638
Wait, did you mean we should generate power by creating a series of really dank memes? Because THAT might work.
>>
>>9066638
>How/why would this not be possible?
What are newtons laws?

I tried a similar thing, where I taped a magnet in front of a car when I was 5, it did not work.
>>
>>9066777
I'd love to see the news react to 4chan ushering in clean meme-power.
>>
File: disappointment.jpg (23KB, 620x363px) Image search: [Google]
disappointment.jpg
23KB, 620x363px
>18 replies
time to delete /sci/
>>
>>9066649
With great precision and effort.
>>
>>9066638
you better patent your idea OP, you'll be a rich man!
>>
Hello '07! It's been a while!
>>
>>9066649
the magnet will push the blade away, but it itself will be pushed away by the blade with that same amount of force of the same type. Newtons first law or whatever it is.
>>
>>9069165
never mind someone already answered this
i didn't think someone else would bother
>>
>>9066638
This will only work with DARK magnets
>>
>>9066638
Learn basic mechanics.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.